Nails Of The Week | NEW Barry M Daylight Curing

1 comment

When popping into Boots last week for some dry shampoo I made the mistake of having a look at the make up, although it was only a mistake for my bank balance! I saw that they had the new Barry M Daylight Curing polishes on buy one get one half price and after seeing these being advertised everywhere I knew I couldn't just leave without picking one up. You see I'm a bit of a nail polish addict, I own over 100 different colours and find it hard to resist buying new ones even though I really don't need them. 

I really like the look of gel nails, but the upkeep of going to a salon every few weeks feels like a chore and is not something I want to start doing again so this sounded perfect!


You do need to buy the topcoat (gold bottle) for this manicure to work, you don't however need to use a base coat though as apparently the foruma bonds the nails like gel in daylight. Its advertised as gel nails but without using the UV lamp at a salon, that's quite a big claim.
These are the most expensive polishes Barry M have released at £4.99 each, although it seems pricey  at first you could get at least 5/6 manicures out of both the nail polish colour and the topcoat, so it's still cheaper than going to a salon. 

I picked up the colour "I've been pinkin" as I'm always drawn to pinks but they do 7 other colours that are all different and beautiful. I felt it applied well with the new fanned out brush and used the recommended 2 coats for the perfect coverage. It also dried relatively quickly which was handy since you have to wait for the colour to dry before you can apply the top coat, I'm not sure why but it's what it said! 


What I liked best about the polish was that once it had dried it really did feel like they were gel. I didn't expect that actually, but they felt hard and were amazingly shiny I just kept stroking them! Haha. I did have one tiny chip on the day I did them but I think that's because I was helping to break up a sofa and probably a bit rough! 

Here what they looked like 6 days on...


I actually don't think that's to bad. You can see one quite big chip that only happened on day 5 but the rest is quite minimal compared to how my nails normally chip using other brands. 
If your the kind of person who wants to just paint their nails Sunday evening and not have to do it again until the following week I suggest trying this polish, it's straightforward and effortless.

Another good thing about this polish is that it comes off with normal nail polish remover too so no need for soaking. I really like this collection and will most likely get a few other colours for summer. Plus, I'm a sucker for the Rose gold lids! Well done Barry M. 

Until next time xo




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. That polish looks really pretty and shiny! I thought the top coat was another gold colour you bought until I realized what it was!��

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig