Motivational Monday | Happiness

Leave a Comment



I've spent years doing what I think I SHOULD be doing not because I want too but I want to make others happy and hate letting other people down. I found I would make myself miserable worrying what people would think if I didnt/couldn't do something and would force myself to do it regardless of my own happiness. I saw a quote that said "do only what makes you happy" and thought to myself, what the heck am I doing. 


Happiness is a choice, the secret to happiness is simply just choosing to be happy (NB: depression is a whole different story) it really can be that simple. Sometimes we all have to do things that we don't enjoy but why subject ourselves to the things that are in our control, for example if you don't fancy going to a party but feel like you SHOULD then don't go, stay in and indulge in a good book or trashy tv if that's what you would prefer to do. Gratitude exercises are perfect, list a few things that your grateful and happy for then see how much happiness and positivity your have in your life. 
Forgive those that have left you resentful and bitter, don't dwell on your anger as this can take over your life and do you know what, I bet the person who has left you this way doesn't even realise they've hurt you or think twice about the situation you've found yourself in. Don't give them room in your head space. 

Like the quote says "if it makes you happy do it, if it doesn't then don't" this is the quote I am living by these days and I hope it will help me in the future and I'll remember to always put my own happiness before everyone else's (within reason of course!) take care of your mind because in the end it's the only place you live. 

Until next time xo

Ps. Nothing is worth it if you aren't happy. 




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig