Pink Parcel | May

Leave a Comment

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know i reviewed a Pink Parcel box back in March and might have a fair idea of what it is, however if you have never heard of it, read on. Right so, it's a subscription service that delivers your monthly supplies of sanitary goods to you (pads or tampons) but with a little twist at just £9.99, including postage. I like to think of it as a beauty meets lifestyle box.

I personally like that you get a mixture of products in these boxes, in addition to your 3 beauty products you recieve a lifestyle product and a couple of edible treats too. Obviously every month is different so products do vary but what I do know is that you get a lot for £9.99!

I never thought I would find myself looking forward to that time of the month but knowing I will get a box of goodies it does soften the blow slightly. In each months box you can choose what brand/ absorbency of tampons or sanitary pads you prefer which is ideal, plus it also asks you how many days your periods generally lasts so they send you just the right amount! 

In this months box -

L'Occitane Immortalle Essential Water  - I'm a big fan of the L'Occitane hand creams so was excited to try this, it's 50ml which is a pretty decent size for a sample and is basically a toner that's meant to freshen and tone the face. It's infused with Immortalle floral water and green tea so it's quite a strong scent. I used it before bed the other night and my face felt clean and soft.

Richard Ward Gravitiser Sleekening Cream - I've actually never heard of Richard Ward but I do like to try new hair products, I was hoping for the hair mask if I am honest. This sleekening cream is meant to help counteract frizz and increase shine so would be good to use on wet hair before blow drying, especially on my hair it's like a lions maine after a quick blow dry! Thank god for hair straighteners. 

Anatomicals Botanical Hydrating Rose Face Mask - So this is one of those one time use cloth masks that are infused with the product, this one contains rose extract which I bet smells heavenly and should be moisturising and nourishing to the skin. I'm looking forward to trying this, fingers crossed it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin though.

Flamingo Candles Green Apples Scent Melt - When I saw this months box was going to have a Flamingo Candles melt In i was pretty excited, as you might know im a huge fan of theirs and wrote a post a while ago on the ones I have (you can read it here) and was concerned I would get one I've already got, but I haven't tried the apple one and it smells amazing. As soon as I opened the box I caught a whiff of it. I'm yet to burn it but I think it will have a strong throw to it. 

Montezuma's Butterscotch Chocolate Bar - Having tried this flavour before I knew they were onto a winner with this little chocolate treat this month, Montezumas chocolate is one of a kind and I love their Orange and Geranium dark chocolate bar. So good one Pink Parcel! 

Fudge Kitchen Salted Caramel Drinking a Fudge - I remember seeing these in Debenhams back at Christmas time in a gift set and thought they were unusual, when i opened my box and saw I had received the salted caramel, my all time favourite flavour, i was thrilled. I've actually hidden it in the cupboard so I don't use it just yet but what's great about these liquid sachets is that you can have them hot in milk like a hot chocolate or with cold milk and ice to make a frappe. I loved the idea of blending mine with a banana to make a banoffee milkshake. 

So that's everything is this months box, I'm really pleased with it and know that I will actually use everything in this one which is the risk you take with a monthly subscription box. Some months your love everything and other times you won't. I'm actually looking forward to next months already, which is weird right? No one wants that monthly visitor back again too soon. 


I leave you with a little PMS related humor, Post menstrual syndrome is a right bitch and for one week a month it's best to avoid me. I will cry, yell and most likely be grumpy as hell, what's more there's not a great deal you can do about it. I know they say exercise and diet blah blah blah but who really fancies going for a run and eating salad when your body is saying FEED ME chocolate and junk food. So im just going to put it out there, do whatever you bloody want for a few days, eat that chocolate bar, cry at that sad movie or even just because Tesco didn't have the yogurt you wanted and if you need to be angry at someone they will just going to have to put up with it because PMS sucks (don't yell at people in shops though, that's a no no!)


Until next time xo











SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig