The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum In Oil | Review

1 comment

Let me start off by saying, why on earth have I not been using a serum of some kind all these years? I've been struggling recently with quite dehydrated skin and my usual moisturiser just wasn't cutting it. Since I have combination skin which is prone to spots (damn oily skin!) I am always very wary about trying new products or using anything that is either to oily or highly scented.
As a teenager I had somewhat spotty skin, it wasn't acne but I would get a nice crop of blemishes more often than not and now I'm in my late twenties (I don't much like the sound of that, sob) I still get them on my chin around that time of the month. That being said I needed to hydrate this dull tired skin quickly and effectively, so after a bit of research and realising most serums were stupidly expensive I settled on this Body Shop beauty. I figured if the relationship between us didn't work out I hadn't lost much since it was only £13, I know a steal right? Better yet I didn't even pay that, 40% off took me down to £7.80!

The first night I used this I was a little apprehensive to say the least, I was expecting to wake up and my sensitive skin either be blotchy from reacting to the serum or a whole load of blemishes to have appeared. But they hadn't, my skin felt amazingly soft, hydrated and nourished. It even felt plump and smooth not to mention it looked bright, this was after one application!
I expected the product to feel greasy on the skin too, but even though it's a serum in oil it sunk into my skin immediately, that was a pleasant suprise. 


This stuff is a bloody miracle in a bottle, my dry grey tired skin has had a much needed lift and I really notice the difference if I don't use it for a day or two. You only need a small 10p sized amount to cover your face and neck so it economical aswell, win win!

If products that have a slight fragrance to them bother you this may not be the serum for you though, it has a subtle almost floral fragrance which is most likely because of the jojoba oil but it's also slightly sweet due to the almond oil that's added to smooth the skin.
 I nearly forgot to mention the packaging, I was surprised to find the bottle is glass, I expected plastic. It comes with a really handy pipette so you don't end up spilling any or loosing half the oil when tipping it out, not to mention its a gorgeous baby pink colour so would look pretty on a dressing table. 

If you fancy trying it out (you should!) The Body Shop quite often have money off events and right now they have 30% off with a free gift if you spend over £10 with the code 14665. You can find this little miracle in a bottle here.

Until next time xo



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig