The Perfect Cupcake | Recipe

1 comment
Cookie dough

Since I started making cupcakes a few years ago I've had a fair amount of people ask me what basic cupcake recipe I use. Mainly because they do, if I say so myself, taste rather scrummy! 
I always think the key to the perfect cupcake is the taste, yes it's all well and good that they look great but do you really want to eat a dry or over baked cupcake? I got my recipe from the Good To Know website and then slightly changed it around until I had what I think is a good size cupcake.
So onto the measurements, this recipe can be used to make ANY flavour cupcake you like and makes 12 decent sized cakes (not fairy cakes) or 6 big muffin sized one.

Vanilla and crystallised violet 

Raspberry roses

170g Self raising flour
170g Caster sugar ( I prefer golden caster rather than the white kind) 
170g Unsalted butter 
3 Eggs
1 Tbs of vanilla extract/paste (or your choice of flavourings) 
1 Tbs of milk

Rainbow cupcakes

Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes. ALWAYS use a skewer to check it's fully cooked, if they spring back when you touch them and are a gorgeous golden brown colour then your good to go with removing them from your cupcake/muffin tin to cool. I always like to take them out straight away as the metal tin insulates them and they take literally forever to cool down.

Kinder Bueno with Nutella frosting and core centre

Now, when I make chocolate cupcakes I don't substitute any flour like some recipes tell you to do. I've always thought if you take away some of the self raising flour it will prevent your cake from rising as much, plus I've never (I hope?) made a dry chocolate cake doing it that way so just add in a few tablespoons of high quality cocoa powder to the mix and your be fine.

Chocolate and vanilla 

Cherry roses

Chocolate puddings

If you fancy being a little more creative with your cupcakes and want to prehaps add funfetti, chocolate chips, cookie dough or even bits of Oreo that is all fine to do with this recipe. You can basically just adapt it. You can always do a core centre once the cupcake is baked and cooled by just using a corer or a spoon and scooping a bit of the cake out to pour in your yummy filling. 

Lemon curd core centre

Vanilla with hidden mini eggs and sprinkles

Salted caramel core centre

I hope this helped and you enjoy my fail safe cupcake recipe :) 




Until next time xo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. True. An adorably-decorated cupcake can definitely add an appetizing kick to your senses if you're planning to judge it with your eyes. However, a cupcake should still be judged by its taste. I'm sure nobody would be interested in over-baked cupcakes, so perfecting the recipe and the mix should be the first of a baker's worries. Anyway, thanks for sharing those yummy cupcakes! All the best to you!

    Megan Anderson @ Cafe Fina

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig