What's In My Make Up Bag | Summer Edition

1 comment


So, I did a whats in my make up bag back in October and think it's about time I update you all. My make up changes regularly as I like to try new products and only stick to a few of the same products that I really like. Also, make up tends to be slightly different in the summer compared to winter, out come all the pinks and beautiful bright lipsticks and away go the dark vampy shades until autumn arrives again in a few months time. There were actually a few other items in my make up bag but they were items I don't use regularly and are mostly duplicates of my everyday essentials, plus a few lip liners. 



My foxy make up bag is from Sass And Belle and is really a wash bag but I have way to much make up to even consider buying the regular make up version, oops. It's oil cloth material which is absolutely perfect when your make up gets grubby (which it will!) and spills everywhere. The inside is also easy clean. Not bad at £9.95 either, if your not into foxes they do a cute little owl one too.


Face make up

When I do my base I either use Benefits POREfessional, which sadly is about to run out, or I use Mac Skin Base Visage. This is my second one of these and I highly recommend it. I have combination skin that is more on the oily side and if I use this my make up tends to stay all day without needing to touch it up with a bit of powder, a miracle right? 
Next I use Bourjois 123 perfect colour correctly cream instead of a foundation as I find it too thick on my skin, I hate the feel and look of heavy cakey makeup. It's so lightweight and leaves you looking glowey and not like you've used a whole tube of foundation on your face. Plus it seems to covers spots well. 
Oh, I nearly forgot to say I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply it. 
If I have any spots i pop a bit of Benefit Boi-ing concealer on them, this has been a staple in my make up collection for at least 5/6 years and a little pot goes a long way, I've had this one about a year!
Another staple in my make up collection is Benefit Hoola Bronzer, being pale skinned it's hard to find a bronzer that won't make me look orange and this once is perfect for my skin tone with or without a tan. I do try to contour with it, but I'm pretty rubbish to be honest. 
I use the Real Techniques Face Expert Brush to apply it and sometimes do my nose aswell to make it appear slimmer.
Lastly, I apply a bit of Too Faced Sweetheart Blush (something about berry) with my Real Techinques Blush Brush which is perfect for applying to the apples of your cheeks! I also pop some highlighter on my brow bone, down the centre of my nose, cheek bones and on my Cupids bow. I've tried many highlighters, both cream and powder form, but love this one the most. It's the Too Faced Candlelight Glow and it has the cutest chandelier imprinted into the powder. 


Eye make up

To ensure my eyeshadow stays in place all day I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original) as a base. When I used to use the Naked 2/3 palettes I found that after a few hours my eyeshadow had completely rubbed off, so for Christmas I asked for this primer and it's one of the best products I use. Your eyeshadow stays on until you remove it and looks just as good as when first applied. 
It is pricey at £16 but you only need the smallest amount, that tube will last a year at least I think!
Moving onto the eyeshadow palette Too Faced Chocolate Bar, I prefer this to both my Naked palettes which I didn't expect when I got it for Christmas. I asked my parents to pick it up for me as they were in New York and I knew it was cheaper out there. Going only by reviews this was a risky choice but I'm glad I went for it now. 
The colours are super pigmented and there's hardly any fallout, plus there is a good variety of shimmers and mattes which I like. Oh and the best thing, it smells like chocolate! See my review on the palette for close up photos.
Next up is mascara and right now I'm using both the Benefit They're Real and the Benefit Roller Lash, i like them both equally. The Roller Lash is great for separating and curling the lashes and They're Real is perfect for lengthening and adding volume to the lashes. 
The only downside to They're Real is that it's a bitch to remove, I think it's because it's so thick but the upside to that is it won't budge if you cry!
Sometimes if I remember I add eyeliner, although not pictured I either use the Soap And Glory Supercat pen or if I wanted to brighten my eyes I use my sample from a Birchbox which is the Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner (silver). When I first received it my first thought was, when the hell am I going to use this? But I've been using it in the corner of my eyes and it really does make them look so much brighter and opens them up. 
Lastly, for my eyebrows I am using Soap And Glory Archery Brow Tint And Pencil (love is blonde) I don't use the felt tip side really, just the pencil end to fill any gaps and slightly shape. I have really light eyebrows being blonde so if I overdo it it just looks odd and although this colour is ok it's not perfect - I'm still on the look out for a lighter shade better suited to us blondes.


Lip products

So finally we have my current lipsticks and balm. The lipbalm is Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner, this was an impulse buy at the Jo Malone shop in Gatwick the year before last. I was at the checkout when I was paying for a perfume and I had a crazy moment and bought it, thank god it was at duty free price. It works well but no better than any other lip balm haha, naughty me. 
The Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm is tinted (I have honey nectar) and can be layered for more colour intensity, it says it's deeply moisturising but i think it more of a matte lip colour than a balm.
Next up are my collection of Mac lipsticks of which I adore each and every one, in fact I need more!
In order (going anti clockwise in the above picture)

Snob - Satin
Bombshell - Frost 
Up The Amp - Amplified 
Creme Cup (my favourite!) - Cremesheen
Chatterbox - Amplified 
Mac Red - Satin 
Girl about town - Amplified 

As you can tell I like my pink shades! Maybe I'll try a different shade and step out of my comfort zone next time.

I hope I didn't ramble on too much and that you might have seen a few of your favourites in my make up bag too. Let me know if there is any amazing products I should be using! 

Until next time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. I love posts like this- my makeup is ancient and not at all seasonal but I really like seeing what other people use :)?

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig