March Films

Leave a Comment

So, I started what will be monthly film review posts last month & can't help wondering if I need to start watching more films. In 31 days I only watched 4 films, what am I doing with my life? 
I'm going to make a conscious effort just for you guys to start watching more films (plus I do love a good challenge!) 


 

Big Hero 6

I'll be honest, I didn't expect to enjoy this film at all. I love Disney films but not into superheroes so I pretty much wrote this film off as soon as I saw the trailer. How wrong was i. 
Yes, it is about a boy called Hiro who forms a superhero team to catch a masked Villian but it's also about the bond between himself and Baymax, the huge inflatable robot who was designed by his brother who sadly passes away (I wont say how I don't want to completely spoil it!).
I love that it's set in a futuristic city called "San Fransoyko" such a play on the real city of San Fran and even looks pretty much the same. I came away from this film wanting my very own Baymax.
 I wouldnt hesitate to watch it again either so if you haven't seen it already, go do it! 


Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1

Again, another film that I thought I wouldn't enjoy when I watched the original one but third movie in and I'm quite literally hooked. I mean I wouldn't go as far as seeing it in the cinema since I'm the biggest fidget and can't sit still for longer than an hour and a half haha but I am looking forward to the Mockingjay part 2 coming out later this year.
In the third instalment basically the story continues to follow Katniss, the beauty that is Jennifer Lawrence who surprisingly survived the first two hunger games and is now living at District 13 rebelling against the capital to try to end the Hunger Games for good. Also Peeta is now completely cray and is living at the Capital (saying that, he was taken there by the Capitol, he didn't choose to go) and has been brainwashed/tortured into thinking the capital is pretty awesome and he wants to kill Katniss. Prims cat is also now at District 13 (remember the ginger one?) and Prim nearly gets locked out of underground shelter during the mass evacuation to go back at get him, intense stuff. 
I'd go back for my cat though too Prim. 



The Fault In Our Stars

This was actually the second time I had seen this film and second time round I didn't cry. Phew. The first time I managed to hold it together for most of the film and then spent the rest of the time blubbering like a baby. Anyway, the film revolves around main characters Hazel and Gus who meet at a cancer support group and obviously fall in love, a little cliche but I am a sucker for a cute love story. 
Although the film is based around sickness you somehow manage to forget that and see it as just another teen love story, not just two seriously poorly teenagers.
There's some pretty deep quotes too in this film which are somewhat thought provoking and make you realise you can't take life for granted. I'm not going to give too much away about the plot but basically in a nutshell they meet, hang out, fall in love, go to Amsterdam (you have to watch the film to find out why!) and then the worst thing that you won't expect happens and you cry, a lot.


Paddington

I was never into Paddington bear as a kid so I didn't know much about this film or Paddington in general, just that he loved marmalade sandwiches and was named after the London based train station. Paddington is the star of many children's novels and I wonder what took them so long to make this into a film really, it was amazing even as an adult.
So apparently Paddington is from Peru, who knew? The film starts off in a pretty sad way when Paddingtons Uncle dies in an earthquake and Aunt Lucy sends him off to London in search of a man who invited them to London many years earlier when he discovered them.
He finds a family who take him in at Paddington train station then causes absolute mayhem to their house (floods the bathroom and sets a fire in the kitchen!) and they all embark on a journey to find the explorer so Paddington to go live with him like he planned.
Nicole Kidman plays a crazy taxidermist who wants to find Paddington, stuff him and put him on show in the National History Museum, oh the horror! 
Lots of adventure and a very happy ending to this super cute film, would make a great Sunday afternoon watch.

Be sure to pop back next month as I'll be reviewing Horrible Bosses 2!
Until next time xo











SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig