Gluten Free Valentines Heart Biscuits | Recipe

1 comment

Every year I like to make a little something for Valentines and this year, instead of my go to cupcakes, I decided to make biscuits. For Easter last year I made Nutella Bunny Biscuits so these are a take on those, however I have used a different recipe and you might of noticed from the title, they are also gluten free. If you fancy making them with regular flour then use the recipe in my bunny biscuit post!

I can't take the credit for this recipe, its by the luxury biscuit boutique Biscuiteers who, hands down, make the most gorgeous looking hand iced biscuits around. I did however put my own little twist on their recipe and make them into what is essentially a heart shaped jammy dodger with a  white chocolate drizzle on top.

So here's the recipe..

Ingredients 

166g Caster Sugar
166g Unsalted Butter
2 Room temp eggs
675g Gluten free flour (I used Doves Farm)
2tsp Vanilla Paste
8g Baking Powder (Most are naturally gluten free)
8g Xanthum (Can be found in supermarkets)
170g Golden Syrup

For the filling and decoration

Jar of any flavour jam you fancy
100g White Chocolate
Icing sugar to dust 


Method

Preheat the oven to 130 degrees celcius and line two baking trays with parchment paper.  Firstly, cream the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth. Next add in the golden syrup and combine until there is no lumps. Beat in the two eggs on a low speed before adding in the dry ingredients. I recommend doing a bit at a time unless you fancy a white kitchen. Beat all the ingredients on high until a dough is formed. The dough can get quite stiff so if you have a hand or free standing mixer I would use that.

Roll the dough into a ball and pop into the fridge until firm. This took about half hour and even then I only used half and put the rest back in the fridge. The warmness of your hands will make it start sticking otherwise. On a WELL floured surface roll to about 5mm thin and cut into your desired shape. These look just as cute as lips, scalloped circles or whatever you fancy really.

Bake for around 25 minutes (do check on them before though!) and only let them become very slightly golden brown. Leave to cool for half hour or so and then you can fill with your jam. I found it easier to place some in the middle and then pop the heart cut out side on top firmly to spread it evenly inside. Shake a little icing sugar over each one and drizzle some white chocolate. I used a piping bag to make my life just a little easier. 


These don't have to just be for Valentines, they are always great for Galentines day too! A fun idea is to pop a couple in cellophane bags with some pretty ribbon and hand out to friends, family or coworkers too. Or to be honest, you could just eat them all yourself!

Let me know if you make these, I would love to see them.

Until Next Time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. I think I'm going to give these a whirl soon, I don't have that many cutters but I have plenty of heart shaped ones. Who can resist a JD, I certainly miss them since being GF! They look really lovely and I love the sound of the Easter version too - another reason to get baking more, I can't resist the little Easter Treats that are popping up. Hope you have a great week <3 Lucy at Lucyy Writes

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig