Popband VS Invisibobble

1 comment

Do you remember when you used to put up your hair and you would either have to cut the band out or it would cause a massive knot when you pulled it out? Or if you popped one on your wrist and by the end of the day you would worry you have potentially cut your circulation off! Well not anymore, no dent hairbands are the way forward and I'm putting these two rival bands to the test.

I've been using both Popband and Invisibobble for a couple of years now and I would never go back to normal hair elastics, no way Jose! The amount of hair I used to pull out when taking my elastics out was ridiculous, even having to break (cut) several out of my hair meaning I was constantly buy new ones. I spend enough on bobby pins that appear to vanish into thin air as it is. I must admit I probably use both the Popband and Invisibobble as much as each other but I've never really thought about the pros and cons of each one..until now.


Pros -
- Perfect for thick hair as they expand and stretch easily
- Doesn't leave a kink in the hair
- Comes in hair colour shades or whatever colour you fancy
- Easy to wash, just quickly rinse under the tap
- Really comfortable and doesn't cause headaches
- Holds a ponytail well
- Doesn't get stuck so no tangles, breakages or split ends.

Cons -
- Not the most attractive hair band
- Stretch out almost immediately ( I have read that if you soak them in hot water they will shrink back to original shape though)

That's all I could think of for cons as I actually really love them. You get 3 hair ties in a box for £4.99 too which isn't that bad. They can be found in loads of places such as Boots or Look Fantastic.


Pros -
- Pretty designs and pattens
- Good amount of stretch to it
- Material is super soft so if you suffer with headaches these would work well
- No kinks when the Popband is removed
- Looks cute on your wrist and doesn't leave a mark
- Free delivery if spend £10 on website
- Bit cheaper than the Invisibobble.

Cons -
- Cant buy them in high street stores
- Stretches out of shape and loses elasticity after a few months
- If you lend one to a friend don't expect to get it back!
- Not sure how well they would hold if you have thick hair

As I said in the cons you cant find these as readily available as the Invisibobble but you can buy them easily on the Popband site, plus if you spend £10 (which is easily done) you get free delivery anyway. They do sets of three for £3.50 and five for £8.

Which do you prefer? Let me know in the comments.

Until Next Time xo



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. I LOVE the pop bands, they have been such a lifesaver for my easily breakable bleached hair! I've never tried invisibobble but I've heard Primark do a great dupe now :)
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig