February Films

1 comment


During February I watched four films, not that many actually. They were a right old mixture too, two horror films, a british comedy and only one of the best films of all time.



Mean girls

I have seen this film countless times but when I'm having a day where I need a little cheering up I watch it. You go Glenn Coco.
Most people know the plot of Mean Girls but if not it's about a girl who joins a high school in America having been raised in Africa and learning how to fit in. She makes friends with two outcasts who warn her to stay away from the popular girls "the plastics" she then decides to try and take down the plastics one by one and falls for Regina George the queen bee, ex boyfriend and all hell breaks loose. It's hilarious the whole way through, there's some great quotes to be had "If your from Africa why are you white? " being a classic. Good film to watch on a pamper evening or with your girly friends.



What we did on our holiday 

A good old British BBC comedy film that stars David Tennant from Broadchurch, Roasmund Pike who's in Gone Girl and Billy Connolly who's plays the grandad that sadly has terminal cancer. His sons throw him a party for his 70th birthday but before he is able to attend the party he dies on the beach with his grandchildren and they build him a raft fulfilling his last wish and send him out to sea aflame! Now I know it sounds very doom and gloom with the death but it's not, it's sharp and witty. I recommend it. 


The devils due

 Meh. Not the best horror I've ever seen and probably not the worst either. A couple go on their honeymoon to the Dominican Republic and end up losing a night due to their taxi driver taking them to this very odd place (it's not explained, maybe a club?) which is a cult and then they have no recollection of the night before. Cut a long story short she ends up pregnant she starts acting like a crazy women and weird things start to happen because she's got the devil inside her. By the time you reach the climax of the films it's over before it's even begun! Also it's all shot as "home footage" so it made me really dizzy by the end with all the shakiness! Bit of a snooze fest. 

Last but not least


Annabelle

To watch Annabelle I would recommend you watch The Conjuring too as this is the prequel. I must admit I was pretty scared after watching The Conjuring so I wasn't sure how I would cope watching a film just about this creepy ass doll. Only three mintues in and they show you a close up of her face! However, I managed to watch it all and although scary in places, I coped. I do think The Conjuring was the better of the two films though.
The film is set in the 1960s in Califonia and the characters are a married couple who are expecting their first baby, the husband buys his wife a vintage doll collector, Annabelle. That night next doors crazy cult daughter dressed in a white nightgown tries to murder them and says the creepiest line in the movie "I like your doll" before committing suicide holding it. Anyway without giving anymore away, shit goes down.  Theres ALOT of close ups and scenes with Annabelle so much so that for two nights after watching that I kept thinking I would see her if I got up in the night! 
Worth a watch if China dolls freak you out, you like possession/haunting kind of films or Rosemary's Baby which im sure it's based on. 


What should I watch this month?

Until next time xo







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig