June Favourites

2 comments

Wow I can't quite believe we are 6 months into the year, I've never done a favourites post before but better late then never right? Let's just start this thing slap bang in the middle of year! I tried to pick just 5 favourites and keep this post short and sweet (yeah right ha) but I've somehow ended up with 8, so here we go. 


Mac Cosmetics "Girl About Town" Lipstick £15.50 - Ive had this lipstick since April when I fell in love with the colour and used it a couple of times, but once the hot weather decided to turn up I whipped this bad boy back out. It's an amplified creme, which means it's comfortable to wear, applies easily and smoothly. Super pigmented and doesn't tend to bleed into the skin around the mouth. It is bright, like hot pink magenta, Barbie bright. The staying power is awesome, I recommend anyone with cooler toned skin to buy this colour if your looking for a bold lip. Ahh I just love it.

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow £7.99 - Staying on the make up theme I bought this last month after seeing a make up tutorial that Meg Says filmed on YouTube and instantly needed to go buy this cream eyeshadow. I don't EVER buy cream shadows as I know they generally crease something shocking within mintues of application but I saw the colour and was sold. I use it over my Urban Decay Primer Potion but under powder eyeshadows. It state it lasts "dawn to dusk" and I must admit it does have staying power surprisingly. I like to blend it with Urban Decay Half Baked from the Naked Palette 2 and with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar shadows. It just enhances the eyeshadow colours.

Marks And Spencer's Rabbit Cup £4.95 (now £2.75!) - This is a bit of a random one but my boyfriend bought me this rabbit mug and I instantly fell in love with it. It's so quaint and classic. It's made from bone china and I can't get enough of it at the moment. It feels like I'm having afternoon tea every time I drink out of it! I only really use Cath Kidston mugs so it makes a nice change. The whole range is super reduced now too.

Lindt Lindor Truffles (I spent £12 on that bag, oops) - On a trip out recently I hit up the Lidnt outlet shop and I was like a kid in a sweet shop, literally. I went crazy. My favourite chocolate is Lindt Strawberry And Cream Lindors so I well and truly stocked up on them - i'm also loving the coconut and orange flavours, they are like heaven in your mouth. I must admit I like them all and it's been a challenge to hide these away so I don't eat them all in on go! 


Batiste Dry Shampoo (Bloom) £2.99 - Dry shampoo is a gift from the gods, how did we even cope without it? Did we just have greasy hair all the time? I've probably tried every fragrance the company have made but the new bloom scent is my favourite. I must admit I was drawn to the packaging since I love a bit of floral but it smells amazing too, it's calypso orchid and pink freesia and I'm already on my second can. I also like the blonde one which adds a hint of colour to your hair, it really hides those roots! 

Essie Fiji Nail Polish £7.99 - It was a tough decision to choose between my two favourite Essie nail polishes, I absolutely love the "mint candy apple" polish aswell and wear it probably as much as "Fiji" but since I repurchased this recently and it's currently on my nails, it won. Pale pinks are the most practical of polishes and generally match everything. It's an opaque pastel pink and the formula is pretty good as far as opaque polishes go, you do need 2 coats even 3 thin ones if you want a flawless finish. I do find Essie nail polishes do chip within a few days but the colours are the best on the high street.

St Moriz Wash Off Instart Body Tan (Medium Matte) £4.99 - I've been using St Moriz products for a few years now and swear by their dark mousse tanner, the last few summers I've used the St Moriz Shimmering Bronze Body Soufflé but recently I just haven't fancied the shimmery glow, so whilst in Boots I saw they did a matte one and instantly picked it up. It's much better and gives a more natural realistic colour so you don't really look like you've used a fake tan. I tend to only use it on my legs as if you sweat you can bet your life it will run (umm it didn't run down my neck once!) it does normally dry quickly though and doesn't come off until you wash again, this is unless you decide to wear it all over in 30 degree heat, in the sun at the hottest part of the day. *face palm*

The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine £5.50 - I picked this up at the beginning of June at a Body Shop charity warehouse sale at their HQ for just £2, didn't think much about it other than it would probably be good to use on the ends of my hair before I get it cut. Turns out I really like it, it's very coconutty (obviously, Steph!) but it's great for smoothing those stray hairs after straightening or even curling. It is a bit of an odd texture but if you rub it between your palms it melts into a liquid, you have to use it sparingly though or your hair will be really lank and greasy. I like to use it overnight on my lengths before I wash it the next morning to make sure it's really had time to sink in and work it's magic. If you have bleached or dull hair it will add shine back into it! Not bad for a fiver either, plus The Body Shop have 40% off periodically.

Until next time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. The packaging on the Batiste looks so lovely - definitely tempting me to try it. I currently use the Blush one and it's such a great product!

    Paris
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it! Do try it, the smell is quite similar to blush x

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig