Why Wheatgrass Isn't As Bad As You Might Think

Leave a Comment

When you hear the word wheatgrass I'm sure your instant thought is, why on earth would you want to drink grass. I know mine was! Superfoods have become a big thing in the last couple of years and it seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, me included. I was at a stage where I was desperate to get well and heard of people using these "miracle" superfoods to naturally heal themselves, I naturally was intrigued as I'm not a fan of modern medicine so I went a little bat shit crazy and bought 5 different types, including wheatgrass.
Unsurprisingly it didn't really change my symptoms and I gave up quite quickly since it was an expensive habit to fund. The one thing I did decide to keep in my diet though was wheatgrass, unlike maca powder it didn't seem to have an ill effects on me and I liked the health benefits you could get from it, regardless of the fact it wasn't the miracle that fixed my ME.

Now the taste of wheatgrass in short is awful, but if you mix it with orange juice or even use it in a green smoothie you can't taste it. I prefer to use it every other day as a shot, im used to the taste and not bothered by it anymore I think, plus I know it's doing me good so I just suck it up.
It has incrediable health benefits such as the fact it's an anti- inflammatory, it stimulates your metabolism so can be helpful when loosing weight, can purify the blood, neutralises those nasty toxins and helps to strengthen your immune system - plus so many more benefits. 



The last one is the reason I still take it regulary, my immune system has been compromised or maybe even non existent since I've had ME as my body is constantly trying to fight an infection that was once there and is stupid enough to think 6 years later its still around. Since taking this I've found I hardly catch anything (oh god I've totally jinxed myself now haven't i) and only last week I felt myself getting ill, the sore throat began and I went into mild panic as ME and colds are the 
WORST combination. Two days later it hadn't come too anything and I swear the wheatgrass helped my immune system to fight it off. By drinking wheatgrass you neutralise the acids in your body and when your body is less acidic you are less likely to catch colds or other bugs as your body will be much stronger. 



It's also meant to boost energy which is the reason I took it in the first place but I think the ME counteracts that for me personally, I'm sure though in a healthy person it would certainly improve your energy levels. You can buy wheatgrass in two forms, powder and the live plant so you can even grow your own. I use Organic Bursts as after trying a few it's my favourite, you would be suprised they do vary in taste but you can buy it from anywhere you like.

So I know wheatgrass isn't particularly appealing to your taste buds but I really recommend you just have a go, I don't want to be dramatic or anything but it could change your life.


Until next time xo 

*Stock images are taken from Google*

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig