Dr PawPaw - Are They Worth The Hype?

1 comment

So I want to tell you about this little British company that I've recently fallen in love with. There are so many things about Dr PawPaw that I like that I don't even know where to start. I was very lucky to be sent this trio to try recently, it's the first time I had used the Dr PawPaw brand but I have tried a balm that is very similar before, the Papaya Gold Paw Paw Balm in fact. They are alike in the way that both are made from the same main ingredient which of course is Papaya, Papaya Gold however is an Australian brand and they add in Manuka Honey so maybe not ideal for anyone who has a beeswax allergy.




As you can tell Dr PawPaw have three different balms currently, all made from fermented papaya with the extra added bonus of nourishing ingredients such olive oil and aloe vera. Although you might expect them to be papaya flavoured because of the main ingredient there actually all fragrance free! I was a little disappointed about this when I tried the Papaya Gold version the first time but thinking about it that's not a bad thing at all, it means they are very versatile and can be used on the most sensitive of skin. 

The orginal yellow tube is the one I reach for the most because I can use it on everything, however I really do like the tinted balms too. It's a great idea to incorporate some colour into them so they can be worn on their own on the lips if you dont fancy a lipstick or gloss, plus I've heard they can be used on the cheeks to add a hint of colour aswell, I will have to give that one a try! I'm super impressed with the pigment of both colours, the red will be perfect to wear in the autumn/winter and I've been wearing the peachy pink colour a lot already, it's perfect for most skins tones as the colour is buildable and you can use as little or as much as you like. 


As I mentioned earlier the original balm more so than the tinted balms is very versatile and I love that it's a multipurpose kind of product. The balms are very thick and moisturising, that does make them a little tricky to get out of the tube because of the density of the product but a little really does go a long way. Other than Papaya the other main ingredient is petrolatum so you just know your lips are going to feel soft and hydrated. There are so many uses for this product, it's the perfect thing to just have in your bag incase of any emergency (well not any emergency, it won't help you get a cat down from a tree but any beauty related one!) here a few ways you can use Dr PawPaw - 

- Dry chapped lips 
- Irritated, sore or dry skin (I.e Eczema or Dermatitis
- End of your hairs to help seal split ends
- On those crazy fly away hairs 
-Cuticles 
- As a hand cream subsitute
- Nappy Rash
- Cracked Heels (I use it on mine!)
- Primer under make up
- Tinted ones on your cheeks (mix with your powder blush) 
- Insect bites 
- Smoothing brows
- Prickly heat

So a variety of things! They are the holy grail of lipbalms in my opinion, you have to try them yourself. There is only two things that ever so slightly disappoint me and that is that they don't do a flavoured one - I think adding a flavoured balm to the line would be great just because I like lipbalms with a nice taste, maybe they could add flavour to one of the coloured balms. The other is that they are not quite full to the top, all three are about three quarters filled. Luckily as I said earlier a little goes a long way so it shouldn't be a problem, for £6.95 each I don't feel I can complain to much. 


Each tube is 25ml and you can buy them separately for the £6.95 or as a trio for only £13.90 on Dr PawPaw which is a great deal! You can also find them at Harvery Nichols, Look Fantastic, ASOS 
and Urban Outfitters.



Until Next Time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. I recently tried my friend's one of these and liked it. Reading this review has really made me want one of my own and £13.50 for the trio isn't bad at all.

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig