Bluebird Tea | Review

1 comment

There's a little shop in the lanes of Brighton, Gardiner Street to be precise that sells the most darling tea blends and this shop is called Bluebird Tea Co.
The sell quite a variety of teas now that you can buy and take home or you can order them online and get them delivered too you (with free samples!!). They also do drinks you can takeaway in store aswell.
Since I tend not to drink caffeine often as it gives me the shakes I've found a love for flavoured teas. Bluebird do so many intresting flavours that you wouldn't normally find in the supermarket and you can have them either in loose tea leaf form or the standard netting bag version.


Who loves my ManaTEA? 

I have a total of 8 teas at present and I've seen a few new ones I need to get too!
So here a little peak at a few of mine.


Dozy Girl

Oo, this is such a lovely relaxing soothing sleepy time tea. I've never been a huge fan of just plain chamomile tea even though I know it's a great drink to have before bed to help you sleep better, but adding lavender and rose to this one really enhances the taste, plus it also has lemon verbena and hibiscus (which I love) in with it. As you can see it has rose petals too, how sweet.
I would recommend this to anyone who has trouble drifting off to sleep or just to relax you before bed time. (You can read my tips on insomnia and sleep tips here )


Enchanted Narnia

Can I start off by saying how pretty this tea is? It has whole rose buds in which I think gives quite a luxurious feel to it. Its a Turkish delight flavour tea, so it's rose and cocoa flavour. I think this is possibly one of my favourite of the Bluebird teas of the ones I have tried. I drink this again at night as it feels like the perfect evening relaxation herbal drink. It's made with the gorgeous little pink rosebuds, cocoa shells, lemongrass, raspberry leaves and it also has rose petals in it too.
How enchanting!


Rhubarb and Custard

 This tea actually tastes like the boiled sweets which I was really surprised about, most fruity teas smell better than they taste but not this one! Its a rooibos tea so its naturally caffeine free which is great for us decaf ladies! They say it's a guilt free sweet treat and that it is, it's like your eating the
sweets with every mouthful of this lovely tea.
It's made with stevia which is a plant sugar alternative, the roooibos, bits of rhubarb and calendula which is a flower that has quite a few health benefits so it seems.


Snowball

This is a christmas tea but I thought I'd pop it in none the less. I haven't drunk alot of this one actually but from what I remember it was super chocolatey. It has tiny little marshmallows in it, along with bits of coconut, cacao and chocolate chips. It tasted like an indulgent hot chocolate but way less calories and sugar. It's a black tea so not caffeine free but it's great alternative to a hot chocolate when your craving something sweet.


Birthday Cake 

This tea I actually got for my birthday and is my favourite flavour tea I have. You would be surprised at how much it tastes like cake without the calories! Oh and did I mention it has sprinkles in there too? That's pretty fancy right.
It's also a rooibos tea again so its caffeine free meaning i can drink this at any time of day which is super handy. The tea contains almond, cake sprinkles, calendula which i mentioned previously and mallow flowers. The almond gives it that cake taste which i love.
I recommend giving this one a try!


Lemon Sherbet

I must admit i don't drink this one often as i am not a massive green tea fan, but i do occasionally drink it with lunch and it does taste pretty good. As you can guess from the name of the tea its tastes a great deal like lemon especially since it contains lemon verbena and lemon peel so it would really wouldn't it? Its made with Chinese green tea and stevia so no bad sugars and is great to drink if your detoxing.


Vicky's Sponge Cake

Oo, look another cake related tea! I really like this one as well, maybe not as much as birthday cake but its a close second. Its described by Bluebird Tea as a vanilla cake with a dollop of jam and i would say that's pretty accurate, since it contains freeze dried raspberries, raspberry leaves, strawberry granules and coconut.
It's pretty sweet but i like that, i know that's not to everyone's taste though and that's ok. Its also a black tea so not caffeine free but i make sure i drink this early in the day.
Just like having a cup of tea and cake but without the cals!


Strawberry Lemonade

Lastly, this little gem.
I'm not surprised it won a great taste award because it tastes amazing. This is a fruit tea that tastes how it smells, i know rare right?
 I've only tasted this hot but looking forward to making it into an ice tea in the summer without all the added sugar you get in actual ice teas, like Liptons.
It has real strawberry pieces in it along with orange, lemon, rosehips, hibiscus, elderberry and believe it or not sunflower petals (not sure what that adds to the tea though, but i like it none the less!)
If you try any of the teas i would probably say try this one as I reckon it's a tea that would be liked by most especially cold sitting outside in the summer basking in the sun, how lush.


Which is your favourite tea if you've been to Bluebird Tea Co?
 If not, which would you like to try?

Until next time xo











SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig