The Melt Crowd - September | Flamingo Candles

Leave a Comment


(Click on the photo to see them up close)

Back in July I got my first box from Flamingo Candles and couldn't of been happier (you can find it here) and today I received Septembers box in the post which seems crazy because how is it September already?? You might at this point be wondering what happened to August but I was so busy I didn't have time to review it, however i will pop a picture of it at the bottom so you can see what was in that box! If you have never heard of Flamingo Candles and have not read my post from July then here a little info about it all..


Flamingo Candles are a company based in the UK that make handmade, organic soy wax candles.They do a variety of different candles ranging from their beautiful jars with the signature Florrie the flamingo on them to beautiful smelling round scent melts and then recently they added cute little "Scent Eggs" to their collection. The Melt Crowd launched back in June and is a fun way of trying all the different scent they have to offer - plus scent melt exclusives and previews. You receive 8 melts in your box every month for just £10 which includes delivery if you are in the UK. The first months box comes with a free wax burner (I love mine!) and you always get a 20% discount code to use on the website. 
You can also cancel at any time!

I love how autumnal this months box is compared to the summery feeling of the last two, plus the edition of the scent eggs as a "happy third month" gift. A lovely touch. I will be looking into the scent eggs now! So here a run down on what I thought of each melt.

Grapefruit, Orange & Lemon Peel (Exclusive) -  The more I smell it the more I want to eat it. I shouldn't though. So fruity and fresh, the orange is the top note but you can certainly smell grapefruit too. Reminds me of starburst sweets! 

Lemon & Lime Mojito - In Julys box there was a Mojito cocktail melt but they don't smell that similar, this one is REALLY strong and you can smell the lime a mile away. I like it but wonder if I will end up with a headache if I burn it to long

Jamaican Cafe & Walnut - This will be my boyfriends favourite I think as he loves coffee smells. I wondered if it would be an overpowering scent like coffee normally is but it's quite light and has this hint of chocolate. Imagine coffee cake, mmm! 

White Lilac & Rhubarb - When I first saw this I thought "oh another floral melt" but I was a bit rash because actually lilac and rhubarb smell pretty great together! You can smell the musky floral scent but also the sweetness of the rhubarb. If you like fresh scents then this is one for you! 

Rose And Marshmallow - I'll be honest and admit I'm not a big fan of this one. It's ok, but rose candles aren't my favourite they are always so strong and this is no exception! If you like rose then yeah your probably be a fan but me, i'm not. 

"Circus" Candy Floss (Preview) - As you can see in last months box we got to try the new doughnut melt and I loved it! Apparently it was marmite, either you love it or hate it but I  absolutely loved it. I'm excited to try this candy floss one now which smells sweet and delightful. (NB: the Circus range launches Monday!)

Earl Grey Tea & Cucumber - For sure my favourite in this box. It's a subtle pleasant scent, exactly like earl grey tea itself. Musky but also fresh because of the cucumber - can't wait to burn it later. 

Creme Brûlée (Exclusive) - Last but not least another Melt Crowd exclusive. I love creme brûlée so I was excited to see this addition added to this months subscription. It smells sweet and creamy, I just keep sniffing it! I do hope it smells a little stronger when I burn it though, if it does it might become a firm favourite. Fingers crossed for a good throw.

So that's this months box. I was going to cancel my subscription this month because I was finding it hard to get through them quick enough but I'm glad I didn't now and to be honest I didn't want to anyway haha. Probably why I subcontiously forgot to cancel it too. 


Augusts Melt Crowd

Which scent melt would you like to try from Flamingo Candles. If you fancy signing up for Octobers Melt Crowd box don't leave it to late as boxes sell out quickly.

Until Next Time xo







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig