August Favourites

1 comment

I'm back with my second favourites post! Coincidentally I've ended up with 8 favourite products again, a right mixture of bits too - some beauty, some edible! Let's crack on.


Zoella Beauty Candy Cream Body Lotion "Tutti Fruity" £5 - Normally I don't buy these kind of things, I'm not a huge fan of beauty products that are made by so called "famous" people mostly because they seem like a gimmick and are cheap so I presume they are badly made or a bit rubbish. However after being gifted with Zoellas original body lotion last Christmas and it actually smelling nice whilst also turning out to be a decent body lotion I decided I would try her new scent and annoyingly I really like it! It smells fruity and sweet plus it's super thick and moisturising, it has these little pink bursting beads in which I find fascinating too haha. Damn you Zoella.

Aussie 3- Miracle Reconstructor Oil £9.99 - I know £9.99 must seem a little steep for a high street product considering there are cheaper options out there that might do the same thing but if you are a fan of Aussies shampoos and conditioners you need this. Not only does this new oil smell incredible but you can use it 3 different ways! I use it on damp hair before i blow dry, as a serum once I've styled my hair to make it shine and also I slather a load on before bed to nourish the ends. The three main ingredients are macadamia oil, safflower oil and my favourite - coconut oil. I've used this everyday since I've had it and can't get enough. It's perfect for us blondes who find it hard to maintain beautiful shiny hair. It's also a lot cheaper than Moroccan oil!

The Bright Side " in my dreams I'm at the Gym" Eye Mask £6.95 - I do love this mask. I find it hard to 
sleep without an eye mask at night as it has to be pitch black for me to sleep. It's also great for power naps and when you have migraines too! It's in my favourites this month because not only is the slogan ironic but its really comfy, faux leather on the front but inside is a soft Jersey texture and the elastic strap isn't to tight like some eye masks. I bought mine from Amazon but I think you can get it in a few places.

Yoomoo Yogurt Lollies £2 - Bit of a random one but I am a fan of the old frozen yogurt so when I saw these in Waitrose I had to buy them for summer. Really handy to have it in a lolly form on a hot day, it also limits how much of it you eat if its divided into individual portions. They come in three flavours, mixed berry (my favourite), tropical and strawberry. At 74 calories a lolly they are a reasonably healthy snack instead of something like a magnum, well if you ignore the sugar content anyway! You get six for £2 so won't break the bank.


Zoella Beauty Kissy Missy "Tutti Fruity" Lipbalm £3 - Another Zoella product haha. I bought this at the same time I ordered the body lotion from Feel Unique, I had heard it was really pigmented so I thought for £3 im not going to lose much if it's rubbish. The colour is CERTAINLY pink and buildable. It's actually advertised as a subtle colour, but it's not! I love the packaging though, very cute and pretty. I must say I'm impressed with it considering its £3, I've been choosing it over my Mac Girl About Town lipstick! One thing however, although the smell is not unpleasent I wouldn't say it's berry - more kids make up smelling if you know what I mean.

Skinnydip London Iphone 6 Glitter Unicorn Case £18 - Lets take a minute to appreciate how amazing this case is. Glitter and unicorns! I really like Skinnydip cases, most are perspex so you can see your phone through them - I have a gold iPhone so it's nice to be able to see it. It's quite expensive this case considering most cases are £12 on the site but it has liquid heart shaped glitter in!! I've dropped my phone quite a few times in this case and it's protected my phone well, nice and sturdy. You can buy it for the 6, 5s and 5c. I have a 10% off code you can use too "blossomandbloomsparkles". If you do buy one, be prepared to find yourself just shaking you phone up and down constantly.



Pimms Strawberry With A Hint Of Mint Premixed Can £1.90 - Yum! Nothing quite screams summer like a glass of Pimm's does it? Although as I write this it's absolutely bucketing down and quite chilly. A world away from the day I took the photo below, sniff. Having tried the blackberry and elderflower Pimms that was released last summer but wasn't keen on, i was a little apprehensive about the strawberry. I think you would only like this if you like strawberry flavour drinks as the iconic taste doesn't come through particularly strong and it tastes more like a cocktail - but for me that's fine! All that's left to be said is, bottoms up! 



Sleek Blush "Pixie Pink" £4.49 - Until recently I hadn't even heard of the brand Sleek. I am a brand snob when it comes to make up I'm ashamed to say, I mostly only use high end products and sometimes the occasional item I've picked up in Boots that beauty bloggers have raved about, so when I was on the hunt for a new blusher that was completely matte I looked at all the usual brands I would buy from - Too Faced, Mac, Benefit ect and found nothing I liked. Finally after a lot of research I came across Sleek, bloggers everywhere were raving about the blushers so I popped to my local Superdrug to get swatching. Although Pixie Pink looks daunting in the pan it's thankfully not as pink on the skin and is very buildable, although you don't want to go in with a heavy hand. It's suprising how pigmented it is for a £4 blusher, plus it's pretty long lasting - I haven't had to top it up during the day at all. The packaging reminds me of Nars products, I've heard that Sleeks "Rose Gold" blush is a dupe for Nars "orgasim" so I think I'll be purchasing that one next! 

What's been your favourite food, beauty products or most used item this August? 

Until next time xo











SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Wow your blog is amazing! I came from your Twitter do you want to support each other's blog by doing follow for follow? I have followed you so could you add me back? Great blog pictures too! They're so professional.

    thebeautygirll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig