My Jo Malone Favourites

2 comments

Ever since I got my first Jo Malone fragrance 2 years ago on my way to Italy I have been slightly addicted to this luxury collection. My first and probably still my favourite fragrance was Vanilla and Anise but sadly it ran out a couple of months back and I have yet to replace it, I've been lucky enough though to have been gifted by family a couple more and I love them just as much. It's not pictured here but I have French Lime Blossom aswell, although it's lime and judging by the name you would think its a summer smell I think it's more an autumn winter scent. It's quite musky with hints of lime and bergamot so it's a heavy scent which in the summer I don't think works on the skins aswell as light delicate, floral scents.




English Pear and Fresha is my go to scent right now, it works for every season especially autumn but is just as lovely in the summer. It's of course a very floral scent with mellowed Amber and Patchouli but you can really smell the sweet ripe pears. You can layer Jo Malone perfumes and I quite often wear both my French Lime Blossom and English Pear and Fresha together to create a unquie scent. I had a sample of Earl Grey and Cucumber which I also paired with my English Pear and Fresha, the smell was incredible with the cool toned cucumber and rich vanilla base coming through. If you can I would say experiement with layering in the boutiques or with sample viles because you really can make your own personal fragrance which is pretty awesome.
Wood Sage and Sea Salt was not a cologne I would of gone for had I based it on the name alone. I envisioned a very saltly almost manly smell from the name but it's is one of the most beautiful scents by Jo Malone. It fresh, crisp and warm. Sometimes scents like this can be to "spicey" but this makes you feel like you've been at the beach all day. It's intoxicating and probably even unisex. When I first sprayed it, it reminded me of something I had smelt before and weirdly it smells alot like Abercrombie and Fitch's signature smell they used to spray around the stores (in America anyway!) it was familiar and comforting almost. I recommend you give it a smell and don't overlook it in favour for the more popular scents they offer.


This beautiful bath oil was a gift at Christmas and was wrapped in the most beautiful packaging, it also came with a travel Lime, Basil and Mandarin candle to use together as they are meant to compliment each other, delivering a wonderful relaxing smell. I unfortantly don't have a bath at home so I have only used the oil once when I've been away but it left my skin feeling moisturised and soft when I got out and suprisingly had a really strong smell considering I used a small amount. The Lime, Basil and Mandarin candle complimented the oil perfectly, I tend to use the candle when I'm having some "me" pamper time, being the size it is it pools very quickly so you don't have to light it for hours to prevent it tunnelling before you can blow it out which is ideal.


Last but certainly not least is my favourite Jo Malone item I own. My lovely boyfriend bought me, for our anniversary the Sweet Almond and Macaroon candle. It's the most delicious candle I've ever owned and every time I walk past it I take the lid off and have a quick sniff. It's made from almonds and coconuts with a hint of vanilla so you can imagine how amazing it smells. It is very strong and sweet though, a little sickly - so if your not a fan of sweet cake smelling candles this probably  isn't for you! It reminds me so much of Bakewell Tarts. I don't think you can tell from this photo but Jo Malone also do engraving on your candles for an extra cost of course, but I adore that mine is engraved and I will keep the jar once ive burnt all the wax to store make up brushes or something similar.

What's your favourite Jo Malone product? I would love to know! 

Until Next Time xo 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I really want to try something from Jo Malone, everything that you've got sounds lovely! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! Yes, you have to go and smell everything they do such unique scents!! :) be sure to follow me on Twitter to keep up to date with my posts @bloomsparkles!

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig