What am I watching? The October Edition

Leave a Comment
This is my first of monthly posts on what I'm watching on TV and Netflix, I watch many different series on TV rather than films and I'm seriously loving these seven right now.
What's interesting about these seven is how different they all are. You've got reality, horror and comedy!

Let's get started..



Who's that girl, it's Jess!

Season 4 and it just keeps getting funnier, I don't know how they do it. Every week I look forward to watching this. The series basically resolves around main character Jess who's a middle school teacher that moves into a loft with 3 guys Nick, Winston & Schmidt and later on Coach and their relationships with each other plus Jess's best friend Cece. I always look forward to seeing what Zooey Deschanel is wearing too!! If you haven't seen New Girl before give it a try, it's just the midweek pick me up you need.


Plebs! I'm quite late to the party on this one as they are now on series 2, so I must try to catch up on series 1 at some point. It's about 3 guys who live in ancient Rome in the poor suburbs as a copier, shredder and a slave and their lives in the big city. It reminds me a lot of the Inbetweeners but set in Rome, as everything that is said is pretty much modern and current but are dressed and based in ancient time which makes it all more enjoyable and hilarious. The laughable thing about this programme is that it's actually filmed in Bulgaria on a set that looks like Rome! Give it a try, your be pleasantly surprised just like I was. 


The first half of season 5 has just finished airing on MTV and now the second half is about to begin 
with 12 more episodes all filmed last year. Season 6 is about to start shooting in America so it looks like it could be sometime before we see any new episodes with the girls back on our screens. I have watched every episode of Teen Mom 1 and 2 since all the girls were on 16 & pregnant. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure really! I love all the drama and being the nosey person that I am I like seeing a glimpse into these girls lives every season and how they have grown up, matured (some of them) and where themselves and the children are now. Bit sad the seasons nearly over now really haha.



Orange is the new black is a Netflix exclusive and when I first read about it my initial thoughts were oh, another prison drama. How wrong was I. It's a comedy/drama that yes is set in an american women's federal prison but it's based on the true story of Piper Chapman's experience of spending 15 months in prison for transporting a suitcase full of drugs money for her girlfriend who's a drugs mule. It's full of foul mouthed prisoners, flashbacks of Pipers life before prison and each episode explains  why and how the other prisoners that Piper spends time with ended up there too. There's not many series where I can watch 3-4 episodes in a day because I'm so hooked and need to know what's going to happen next but Orange is the New Black reeled me in good and proper with this series! I've watched both series 1 and 2 and can't wait for 3 that's out in June next year. Boo, too long!


The Walking Dead is finally back on our screens with a brand new season. If you haven't heard of it, where have you been? I can't believe we are on season 5 and that it first started in 2010! Its based on a comic book about a post apocalyptic world filled with flesh eating zombies. Cool right? So this programme might not be for everyone but I LOVE zombies, I can easily watch this programme before bed and it have no effect yet if I watch paranormal activity or the exorcist I can't sleep for days! Every episode it gets better and gorier.


Again I've been watching awkward since 2011 and in the uk we are on season 3! I look forward to watching Awkward every wednesday evening. It's based around Jenna who struggles to fit in at school and an accident which ends up looks like an attempted suicide which leads to her becoming well known to her peers through her blog and her boy troubles. You can watch it on MTV or catch up on all the seasons on NOW TV! 


It's back!! Series 6 & it kicks off with Cam and Mitchell just back from the honeymoon after the 2 part episodes of the wedding. If you have never seen Modern Family you need to go watch it right now, you can view it on both NOW TV and Virgin media on demand. Hilarious. 



What's new and worth a watch this month : 

Melissa and Joey on E4 Mondays at 7.30pm



Until next time xo










SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig