60th Birthday Cake

1 comment


I love a good birthday me, mostly because it means I get to make a cake! Last month it was my mums 60th (sorry for sharing this mum!) and I decided instead of buying her a cake I could make one. Right up until frosting the cake I was still unsure on how I was going to decorate it and pretty much winged it in the end, I was lucky. Haha. 


The sponge is lemon flavoured with yummy thick lemon curd and buttercream frosting inside. Because it was already very lemony I went for a vanilla buttercream frosting for the outside or it would of been really overpowering. 

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out in the end and it tasted pretty awesome if I do say so myself, plus it was nice to be able to taste one of my cakes!

Here's a few photos of the cake & if you want to try it out yourself just leave me a comment and I'll give you the deats! 





Until next time xo




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. This looks amazing! I've never been able to perfect icing flowers like this so I'm very impressed. Hope your mum had a great birthday and you had a lovely time eating the cake together.
    Faye
    Freckles and All

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig