The Manizer Sisters | The Balm

2 comments

If you've never heard of The Balm before where have you been? Lately they've become a big deal in the beauty blogging world, a cult favourite some might say. They are especially well known for their highlighter "Mary Lou Manizer" and the unique names they put to their products. I've been wanting to try Mary Lou for a while but my Too Faced highlighter (even though it had hit pan) just kept on going, weirdly i can't decide if I should be happy or sad about that? Back in November when I saw they were releasing a palette of all three of the luminizers I just knew i had to add it to my Christmas list.

The Manizer Sisters comes in a cardboard magnetic palette, it's super thin so fits perfectly into your make up bag and features a surprising decent sized mirror. As I mentioned previously it contains all three of The Balms luminizers.

The most popular shade Mary-Lou, is an ultra shimmery champagne highlighter and is simply stunning on the skin. I use it on my cheek bones, brow bone, down the centre of the nose and a little on the cupids bow. It just adds a glow to your skin.

Cindy-Lou is both a blush and highlighter. Again it's packed full of shimmer but it's not quite as intense as Mary Lou, a subtle peachy pink that makes a wonderful blush. An all in one product as it adds colour whilst also illuminating your cheeks.

Betty-Lou is a bronzer that gives you that sun kissed glow. I haven't actually used this on my cheeks yet since it's winter but it would be perfect for the summer! You definitely couldn't contour with it though. I like to use it as an eyeshadow as it really makes my blue eyes pop.


All three can be used as eyeshadows and Cindy Lou is especially gorgeous on the eyes, the texture of this is perfect, they're almost cream like. All three are very pigmented and give a great pay off. They blend into the skin with ease when applied with a nice fluffy brush too. I'm a big fan of shimmer but if you prefer matte shades this palette is certainly not for you! If you've never tried any of the Manizer shades then I totally recommend trying this palette first, it's the perfect way of trying all three before committing to the full sized compacts. 

You can pick up this palette from The Balm's website and Debenhams for £24. I can't seem to find it in many places now though which makes me wonder if it was prehaps limited edition? There's quite a few on Ebay however! The Balms packaging really does win me over though, I love the retro feel. Go check them out, you won't be sorry.

Until Next Time xo


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. The I love The Balm highlighters, this palette looks perfect!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Cindy Lou and Mary Lou individually. I must admit I haven't been overly impressed with the former :(
    xo Millie|www.modishrambling.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig