Two Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette - is it as good as it smells?

Leave a Comment

Two of my favourite things, chocolate and make up! Not only is the packaging cute it smells amazing, make up that is made from chocolate (amongst other things obviously) is crazy but such a great idea too. 



As you can tell from the attractive packaging the chocolate bar eyeshadow palette is made using rich cocoa powder and there are few things in life that I can think of that has a stronger connection than women and chocolate so the marketing genus that came up with this is laughing all the way to the bank I imagine. 
I got this for Christmas, my parents picked it up from America as it was cheaper over there and I really wasn't expecting such a strong scent of chocolate when I opened it in fact I wasn't really expecting any kind of smell I just really loved the colours and packaging this however was an added bonus! 


The palette itself is made from metal and is shaped as you can see like a chocolate bar, it magnetised too and has a fairly decent big mirror and a plastic sleeve with each eyeshadow name printed on it. There's two things I would change about this palette to enhance, firstly it would be to print the name of the shadows actually on the tin as I wouldn't normally keep the sleeve plus they have such beautiful names. Secondly it doesn't come with a brush like the Urban Decay Naked palettes meaning you will need to buy one if you don't already own one, which for £45 or £32 ($49) if you buy it in the US I do believe it should come with! 


Ahhh those colours! Being blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned I think that brown/gold neutral shades suit me the best, I know some blondes can get away with bright colours but not me unfortunately so the Naked 2 and 3 palettes have worked well for me for the last few years however I fancied a change and this was too beautiful to pass up.
There's a nice array of neutrals plus burgundy and purple and two larger highlighter shades which is perfect for the inner corners of the eye and the brow bone (although I've used the champagne truffle on my lids too) 


The colour variety is wonderful and there is so many different finishes you have mattes, glitters, shimmer and satins. My favourite being the satin and glimmers, I find mattes rather boring on there own and always add shimmer on top but they are perfect for a base and for blending into the creases. 
I love marzipan which is a gorgeous almost rose gold, creme brûlée which is a gold glitter and highly pigmented, Black Forest truffle again a glitter and champagne truffle which I know is a highlighter but I think it's fairly versatile and could be used on cheeks too! 
I'm not sure about strawberry bon bon but I guess it could be used as a base as it went on sheer and had to be layed for good pigmentation just like the beautiful candied violet which reminded me of the Cadburys chocolate packaging.


As I mentioned earlier there is no brush with this one so i purchased the Real Techniques shading brush Found here as I would normally just use the ones that came with my Naked palettes as they were pretty good and double ended so great for precision and shading. 
I also use an eye primer on my lids before applying the shadows and this has without a doubt helped the shadows stay on all day and stops creasing, you only need a small amount too so a little goes along way. It can be found here

Overall I love it, it offers great shades with high pigment that builds well without ceasing and smells absolutely amazing. I've seen people asking if others have tried it to see if it also tastes of chocolate but I wonder if that's a step too far? Although I cant say I haven't been tempted. What's more you could mix a lot of these shades with shadows from other palettes you own to create a bigger selection of looks. 

Where you can find it:  DebenhamsBeauty Bay and Look Fantastic plus many other places!

Until next time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig