Top 7 hair products of 2014

Leave a Comment

This was a hard post to write, I use and try so many different hair products that choosing just my top 7 was always going to be hard, originally it was 5 but I had to add a few extras in but these are my most used and favourite of them all. What's more they are all quite affordable and do different things to help you achieve luxurious hair! 



Batiste Dry Shampoo - XXL Volume found here

I love this stuff, I only started using it back in the summer after watching an Anna Saccone hair curling tutorial YouTube video where she uses it to get volume when curling her hair. I use it for 
curling too but also when I do side buns to add volume and make it into a messy bun or when I use a hair donut I spray it into the lengths to make the hair look fuller so it's easier to wrap around the donut. I get through a tin every couple of months now and it doesn't seem to damage my hair as I brush it out before bed. I recommend it to anyone who has fine hair that needs volume!


TIGI Catwalk Haute Iron Spray found here

I've been using this heat protection spray on and off for a few years in between trying new ones (I did a post on Bumble and Bumble back in September about their heat spray too) but I've always gravitated back to this one. If your after a cheap heat spray the Schwarzkopf got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protection is a good one too for only £3 at Boots and in supermarkets. The Catwalk one can only be found in salons and online for around the £10 mark but it smells amazing and always leave my hair feeling soft and non fizzy. 


Macadamia Healing Oil Spray & Nourishing Leave In Cream found here & here

These aren't new products to me I've been using both since 2013 and love them. I use the healing oil spray more than the leave in cream as I like to use the oil on my ends before I blow dry, if I have curled my hair or just think the end are in need of some TLC I spray a few pumps into my hands and run through my hair before bed to let it soak in overnight. It doesn't make your hair greasy at all and can even be used when curling your hair to add shine. It's great stuff and good for all hair types.
The leave in cream I only use when my hair is very dry after maybe using to much hairspray or I've had it in an updo, then I run it through the lengths when it's still wet and blow dry with a heat spray as unfortunately these don't have any heat protection fibres in them. 
I recommend these if you have dry hair or just hair that needs a bit of shine.



TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender found here

Bed Head products have been a favourite of mine since I first started going to hairdressing salons when I was 14, the packaging was always inviting and colourful plus they always smell amazing like sweets! They seem to last forever too, this is probably a pretty obvious product and from the name you can tell what I use it for. However, you don't actually have to have split ends to use this it protects dry, damaged hair from environmental elements, chemical treatments, shampoos and brushing so basically everyone should use it. I personally think it's the reason I don't have tons of split ends even though I don't have my hair cut regularly and use heat, hairspray and other products everyday. If that isn't enough to persuade you, it smells like bubblegum. 


Tangle Teezer Original found here

I think most girls know about the Tangle Teezer, if not where have you been? I won't ever go back to a normal hair brush (apart from a parting comb & barrel brush for my fringe that is) I have the worlds knottiest hair which is way I tend not to leave my hair down that often and it takes me a good 10 minutes to brush out after washing too. This thing has saved my hair from being brushed vigorously in anger and pulled out, it gets the knots out so easily and the way it's shaped makes it easy to hold too. It's meant to reduces hair breakage, splitting and damage and I would say it most certainly does that. This is my third brush since they appeared on the market and I love it so much to the point that if I lost it I would probably cry haha. 



Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment found here

A nice simple product that most people have either heard of or used at some time that makes you hair super soft, super shiny and even smell like peach. A little goes along way and I find I only need to use it once maybe twice a week instead of my usual conditioner, I've tried so many different hair mask and treatments in the past but always come back to Aussie mostly because I love the smell. It reminds me of holidays as I use their shampoo and conditioner minis when I go away anywhere so it's a happy smell for me. It's also cheaper at £4.99 than a lot of salon masks and does just as good of job as the more expensive ones.

What's your favourite hair product?



Until next time xo









SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig