Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe

Leave a Comment
I'll admit i've lost my way with the clean eating in the last week or two as I went away for a few days and basically ate what I fancied whenever I wanted, bad Steph! 
Now I'm back and it's a fresh week I've started back on the healthy low sugar diet that my body prefers and found this no sugar banana bread (perfect way to use up my over ripe bananas!) 
I was surprised at how sweet this bread was considering there is no sugar used, but the brown bananas and raisins plus a little grind of the Madagascan vanilla beans obviously made it just sweet enough.

I am loving this bread and will be making it again for sure so here's the recipe for you guys to have a go at.





125g wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
75g raisins or sultanas
50g melted butter (or coconut oil if your dairy intolerant)
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence (I used a Madagascan vanilla bean grinder found here)
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk (again almond, soya, coconut milk can be used)
3 ripe mashed bananas
Few pumpkin seeds for the top (optional)


Preheat the oven to 180c or 160c fan and grease a loaf tin or line with parchment paper.
Weigh the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, raisins into a bowl and mix together.
Then weigh the butter and add milk, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas into another bowl and mix them all together too.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry flour mixture and combine with a wooden spoon.
Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for around 30-40 minutes (I baked it for about 45 minutes)or until a skewer comes out clean. 

You can drizzle the cake with agave nectar syrup if you like but I personally found it was sweet and moist enough without it! 

Enjoy :)

Until next time xo


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig