It's the bumble life for me

Leave a Comment
About a month ago I jumped on the bumble and bumble band wagon. I have read about the products that originate from New York in magazines and many blogs but never got round to trying them. My heat protection spray had run out and I was on the hunt for a new one.
I personally find buying new heat sprays quite daunting because you just never know how they will react with your hair. Over the years I have tried many drug store budget friendly ones and subsequently the higher end salon professional sprays. I'm never sure which are better if I'm honest. My go to sprays have always been TIGI catwalk sleek mystique iron spray which I still love and Paul Mitchell heat seal spray, both of these are on the more expensive side at about £14 each.




I decided to go with the bumble and bumble styling lotion it's an 8oz bottle that promises to control, add body and make your hair super sleek while protecting it from heat. I personally use it for drying my hair rather than before using heat tools, I'm a bit naughty and don't always use a spray before straightening as if makes my hair greasy! I also bought the bb tonic lotion to use as a "hair primer" if you like, it's meant to give hold and structure to the hair and work as a great detangler. It's an odd smell if I'm honest, it's tea tree and herbs so you can imagine the scent. Although it does smell rather fresh and clean which is nice!





Now, what do i think of these products? At first I wasn't to sure on the styling spray. My hair can get greasy very quick from products and the first time I used it I think I put far to much on and a little to close to the roots as my hair felt like it had been doused in grease from a fry up! The second time, I put it just on my length towards the end of my hair and drenched the tips in it and oh my it was so much better! My hair was super soft and the ends looked healthier. No crazy fly aways. The only downside to it is that it seems to take at least 10 minutes longer to dry my hair as it makes your hair very damp!

I like the tonic spray as well but I don't feel it does an awful lot and am glad that I only bought the small 50ml version to try. Your hair smells clean as I said but I don't think it works all that well as a
detangler, although I do have VERY tangled hair after washing it! I recommend the tangle tester brushes if you do too! They do recommend using the tonic if you have dry or coloured hair too.
Overall I would buy the styling spray again and will continue to use it, I think it's going to last me
forever anyway as hardly any has gone in the month I've been using it so just as well I like it. Phew.



Check out there products and see which ones are best for you at www.bumbleandbumble.co.uk.
The styling lotion is £20.50 for 250ml (8oz) and the tonic lotion is £5.40 for 59ml at www.allbeauty.com as they gave stopped selling the travel sized products on the main site!

I ordered through bumble and bumbles main site mostly because they were giving away free samples when you spend £20, I got a 15ml sample of the bb straight blow dry cream and 30ml of the popular thickening hair spray. I'm yet to try the hair spray which you apply to damp hair to help fine hair thicken. I don't have fine hair so not sure how well the product would work for me anyway. The straightening cream, I do like! I have naturally straight hair already and it's meant to be for curly, thick unmanageable hair so it's not really made for my hair but I loved that after I used it my hair felt really soft, shiney (which when your a blonde is hard to achieve!) and it also sealed my ends. If you have curly or wavy hair I would truly recommend it!



Until next time xoxo


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig