Kissy Missy | Benefit

Leave a Comment

Benefit has been a staple brand in my make up collection since I was at school and that was a good 12 or so years ago now! Crap, I feel old. I think Benefits Boi-ing Concealer was my first "premium" item as well because back then 12 year olds didn't own an entire Mac shop and spots were a teenage girls best worst friend! Every Christmas Benefit bring out cute little gift sets and this year was no exception.

I love the names of the tins this year, I have Kissy Missy which focuses on lip products, obvs. But there was also a Sassy Lassie and Blushing Babe (I actually got this for my birthday so let me know if you want a review!) amongst other funny names. Kissy Missy contains a 4ml Benetint and
Lollitint along with two They're Real Double The Lip lipsticks which back in December were exclusive to this set. You can now buy them in eight different shades for £16.50 on Benefits website or a set of four in the BIG Sexy Lip Kit for £24.50.


Most make up enthusiasts have most likely tried Benetint at some point as its been out for years and is a well loved product, but if you haven't its a rose tinted stain that you can use on both lips and cheeks. I used it in place of a blusher for years and now occasionally use it on my lips if I'm wearing a red lipstick so that when it wears off, you still have a red stain until you top back up. Lollitint is the same kind of thing really, but is a beautiful candy pink colour and in my opinion better worn in the summer. There both very buildable and would look great on all skin tones.  

The new Double The Lip lipsticks are pretty unique actually, I don't think I've seen anything like these before. Its basically a lip colour and lip liner in one bullet. The custom teardrop tip is meant to grab and define your lip line whilst also filling in the lips with the complementing colour, which should in turn make your lips look fuller. The shades in the tin were Pink Thrills and Revved - Up Red, two very wearable colours. There easy to apply, creamy in texture and very pigmented. I wouldn't say the red is a true blue toned red though which is a bit of a shame, more of a pinky red but its a nice shade all the same. I do however love the bright magenta pink shade and know I will get a lot of wear out of it during the spring summer months. I'm not sure if I am completely honest that they give the appearance of fuller lips. However they do last well, I mean not the full eight hours Benefit claim but I've eaten with it on and although you do have to allow for some fading in the middle it didn't budge a whole load really.


I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase the Double The Lip Lipstick's but I am more than happy to wear them now I own them, especially the pink. Before Christmas this set was £24.50 but the cheapest I found it for was £14.70 on Feel Unique which is a right old bargain! You could easily buy it for a birthday present for anyone and be able to gift it throughout the year.

What's your favourite Benefit product of all time?

Until Next Time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig