Maple Sandwich Biscuits | Recipe

Leave a Comment


I recently brought myself some Autumnal cookie cutters because I really wanted to make some leaf shaped biscuits! When searching through Pinterest for some inspiration I came across some cute maple flavoured biscuits and immediately knew this was what I was making with my new cutters. They were super easy to make and you don't need many ingredients or even really any baking skills, they are that simple. I used my trusty years old biscuit recipe so you can be sure these taste yummy.



Ingredients 

The Biscuit -
100g Unsalted Butter
100g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
275g Plain Flour
3 tbsp Maple Syrup 

The Filling -
75g Unsalted Butter
150g Icing Sugar
6 tbsp Maple Syrup 

Method 

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius and line two baking trays with parchment paper. 
If you have an electric mixer or Kitchen Aid then the easiest thing to do is place all the ingredients in the bowl, on medium speed until the mixture comes together as a dough. But if you don't then cream the butter and sugar together first until its all combined. Add in the egg  and vanilla next, beat well. 
Lastly add the flour a little at a time so it doesn't fly out the bowl everywhere, it should then turn into a dough like consistency.
Roll the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and cut about 1cm thick maple leaves with your cutter. The easiest way to pick them up is to pop a pallette knife under them so they don't bend out of shape. Bake the biscuits for around 8-10 mintues, or until golden brown. Whilst they are cooling down on a wire rack you can make up the yummy maple buttercream filling! 


This is my favourite bit of the recipe. I love buttercream frosting and you make this in the same way you would make icing for a cupcake. It won't be as thick but you can still pipe it with a bag. You just need to cream the butter and icing sugar together for a good 5 mintues so it's completely smooth, then add in about 6 tablespoons of maple syrup. You can add more or less depending on your taste, I like mine strong! As I said I piped my frosting into the middle of these cookies as it was much easier and a lot less messy. I think these cookies go perfectly with a nice glass of ice cold milk! 

Let me know if you have a go at these!
Until next time xo 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig