Sleek | Solstice Highlighting Palette

2 comments

I've only recently come across the brand, Sleek. My local Boots never used to stock it but after a recent revamp they have added a little Sleek counter, much to my delight. The only product I owned before buying this pallette was a blusher (Rose Gold), which is the perfect dupe for the Nars Orgasm. I kept seeing beauty bloggers reviewing this highlighting palette and it looked suspiciously like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette, a limited edition product out last autumn that I so badly wanted, but at £65 couldn't really justify.

This little gem however is £9.99, a little more affordable. Not only is the Solstice packaging a beautiful rose gold but it has a huge mirror inside. The only slight negative I have is that packaging does look a little cheap as its made from plastic, I have no idea why I expected it to be metal for £10. I also ditched the scratchy brush that was included immediately, even your fingers could do a better job than that. The highlighters themselves however are way better than I could of imagined, I love all four! 


They are all very different and could be used as highlighters or eyeshadows. 
From left to right, the shades are:

Ecliptic - rosey pink (cream)
Hemisphere - cool toned lilac/pale pink with a frosty finish (baked)
Sub solar - champagne gold (baked)
Equinox - subtle peachy/gold with a foil finish (baked)

Equinox is very similar to Beccas Champagne Pop, although slightly more cool toned. Sub solar, which is probably my favourite as its the most natural is very similar in pigment and colour to Anastasia Beverley Hills "Summer" highlighter from the new Glow Kit. Hemisphere is the most daunting in the pan but its transforms into a beautiful metallic silver toned shade once applied to the cheeks, you do need to apply it with a light hand though - a little goes a long way.

All four are highly pigmented, shimmery (with little to no fall out) and blend beautifully. They also appear to have good staying power as I didn't retouch throughout the day. For £9.99 this is the perfect highlighting pallette if you can't afford to splash out on the pricier high end versions, to be honest you don't even really need too, this has all you need! 

You can pick it up at both Boots and Superdrug, it's often out of stock due to its popularity so be sure to pick it up quick if you see it!

Until Next Time xo





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I've been telling myself to get this for ages now. I really need to pop into boots to get it. All the highlight shades look amazing
    Kookii || Beauty By Her♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm looks so nice and interesting :)

    xxx

    anna from http://www.mimundonormal.pl/

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig