Pineapple Funfetti Tray Bake

2 comments

Sprinkles, who doesn't love sprinkles? I made funfetti cupcakes last year and they tasted great but let's be honest I made them mostly because I just love the pop of rainbow colours. I was going to bake them again but this time I decided why not make a tray bake, its simple, fun and would be great for any occasion.

I adapted a Mary Berry lemon drizzle traybake to make these and they came out HUGE and super moist, you could basically make any flavour you like. I added a little twist to my traybake, a very summery pineapple buttercream frosting. A perfect treat on a hot day in the sun.

Ingredients

Cake - 
225g unsalted butter (I like stork!)
225g caster sugar
275g self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
4 tablespoons milk
LOTS of sprinkles/Jimmies

Buttercream Frosting -
125g unsalted butter 
250g Sugar And Crumbs pineapple icing sugar


Method -

Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius and find yourself a square or rectangular tin, pop in some parchment paper or even better just use a silicone tin.
Measure all the ingredients and beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer. You can beat by hand with a wooden spoon but you will need to mix in each ingredient separately. Add in as many sprinkles as you like (the more the better though!). Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and level the top gently with the back of a spatula or a spoon. 
Bake on the top shelf for 35-40 minutes or until the traybake springs back and is beginning to shrink away from the sides of the tin.

Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes before you turn it out on to a wire rack or the cake might break in half. I left it for about an hour before I came back and then made the buttercream just to ensure it was completely cool and the frosting wouldn't run down the cake! 


Mix the unsalted butter in a bowl with an electric whisk for a good five minutes before you add any of the icing sugar, this ensures that the butter is well creamed. Once you've added the icing sugar, mix again until the buttercream frosting is the consistently you like. You can add a little milk if it's still slightly stiff but don't let it curdle. 
Spread the frosting over the top of your cake (preferably with a palette knife) and pour on as many sprinkles as you can! I used pastel confetti, rainbow jimmies and little hearts all from Sugar Shack, you can pick these up at around £2.99 each. I loved the pineapple icing, Sugar And Crumbs do the best powdered sugar and I will be purchasing more and experimenting with different flavour concoctions. 

This was such a quick and simple recipe, it would make an awesome birthday cake for any age.
Let me know if you have a go, I would love to see your photos!

Until Next Time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh this recipe looks divine! My boyfriend's birthday is coming up and I would really like to make him a cake. I definitely might take this recipe. Looks so smashing!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I will definitely be making this for my friends birthday. Thanks for sharing :) x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig