My Favourite Lips Products | Review

Leave a Comment

This post has been long overdue, I'm obsessed with make up in general but lipsticks and balms are my weakness. Ever since I was a child I would beg my mum when we popped into boots for a new Chapstick and as I got older and had my own money, I just couldn't resist buying a new one every time I saw an intresting flavour or packaging. I am still yet to even finish a whole one, one day!
To this day I have to quickly sprint past the aisle in boots to resist the temptation of buying any more because I seriously have no more room and just not enough time in the day to use that many haha. 
Right now these are my top used lip products. 


Maybeline Baby Lips Fresh Mint (£2.99 Boots) - a year or so ago these lip balms were a huge deal in both the UK and US and they were pretty much sold out everywhere, I have every flavour and colour (see, obsessed!) but the best one was the fresh mint clear intense care balm. Not only does it smell divine if you like mint flavour cosmetics but I was suprised at how soft and glossy it was, not only that but it's SPF 20 so great in the summer to prevent cracked dry lips. All the clear Babylips are perfect for a base under lipsticks, especially Mac ones that can be a little drying. For £2.99 and normally on 3 for 2 (yes buy more unneeded lipbalms!) you can't go wrong.

Lip Smackers Red Velvet Cupcake Balm (£3.50 Ebay) -When I was teenage girl Lip Smackers was a HUGE deal, Claire's Accessorises used to sell a variety of different flavoured ones, I still remember my Skittles one that I used to whip out in lessons at school and everyone would be like ooo can I try? When I saw this red velvet lip balm which also happens to be my favourite cupcake on Ebay I had a little crazy moment and just bought it, that damn PayPal but I'm glad I did as it's not that bad really. It's pretty moisturising, smells amazing and also adds a bit of colour to your lips. There obviously not going to win any lipbalm awards (is that even a thing?) anytime soon but it's cute right?

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£5.50 Lush) - This is one of those products you think, do I actually need this? But the answer is yes, yes you bloody do! I am someone who suffers relentlessly with cracked lips so when I saw this scrub in Lush last year and having heard good things about it I thought lets do a crazy thing and spend nearly £6 on what is essentially caster sugar and flavouring. I'm glad I did though. It smells exactly like bubblegum, it's pink and it buffs/ polishes that dead skin off your lips in a instant leaving you with the softest lips ready for your lipstick. It tastes like sweets and is a joy to use. I have one in mint too and will never not use them again. 



Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner (£23 Jo Malone stores) - eek, £23. Firstly hear me out, this was a impulse splurge a few years back when I went to Italy. I was buying a perfume in the duty free Jo Malone store and when I was paying I saw this cute little lipbalm in a box and my brain instantly thought " I have to have this" I was in a rush, dazed by the many perfumes I had just tried and spent what I think was £18 duty free price on a lipbalm. Don't get me wrong it's a great lipbalm but it's no more special than a £5 one I'm sure. I like to use it when I do my make up for special occasions just so I don't use it all up! 

Papaya Gold PAWPAW Moisturising balm (£5.99 Feel Unique) - I received this moisturising balm in my March Pink Parcel (which I must admit I only brought the box so I could try the balm!). It's 25g so it's a decent size and should lasts ages, it's just as good if not better as Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour protectant which I found was too thick and greasy. Not only is it great for dry, cracked lips but it can be used on many areas of the skin that are irritated especially great for people who suffer with eczema or a type of dermatitis. I used it on a dry patch on my arm that wouldn't go no matter what I used, few days later it was gone! Magic.

Nivea Fruity Shine Watermelon Balm (£1.79 Boots) - So the cheapest of all the lip products I'm currently using, the packaging is ok nothing special but once you lift the cap off, that lovely watermelon fragrance hits you, it reminds me of holidays and summer which is really rather pleasant. The stick itself is bright pink but when applied on the lips is only lightly tinted thank god, just a nice shimmery pink which is perfect for days when you fancy a hint of colour. It's hydrating and moisturising which is what you want in a lip balm, no SPF so not great for holidays in the sun but it's perfect base for applying a matte lipstick.

What's your favourite lipbalm or lip product?

Until next time xo








SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig