Latest In Beauty Box | Glamour Summer Edit

Leave a Comment

Beauty Boxes - one of the best inventions around and I'm sure whoever came up with the idea of a monthly subscription filled with beauty bits is rolling in it. However, what I really like about Lastest In Beauty is that they do one off boxes that you don't need to pay a subscription fee for and are packed full of amazing pieces.

As soon as I saw the Glamour Summer Edit I knew I needed it, I didn't want it I NEEDED it. It's been created by Glamours beauty director Alessandra Steinherr who has chosen what she thinks are summer must haves and is worth a whopping £117.99!
The box is £17.99, unfortantly the free delivery discount is now over since I bought mines which means it's an extra £3.99 on top of the £17.99 for that. I know it might seem pricey but the products in it really are worth the money in my opinion. 


First up is the Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals, such an interesting product! It's seems like a normal bronzer but it's the first ever self tanning bronzer, it has long lasting self tan results that can last up to 5 days. That's crazy isn't it, a bronzer that will actually tan your face after a few applications even through foundation. It comes with a full size kabuki brush aswell which is super soft. The glamour boxes all contain a generous sized sample pot of 3g but the 9g full size is worth £35! 

One of the products I was looking forward to trying was the Eucerin Sun Cream, I received the mattifying cream for your face in SPF 50 and I'm really looking forward to using it. Eucerin are not a cheap brand and are perfect for sensitive oily skin so it shouldn't break my skin out like other sun tan lotions do. At the moment it's on offer for £12 in Boots. 

I have been really good lately and not bought any new nail polishes (it was hard, believe me) so when I saw the box had one of the new Nails Inc Gel Effect Polishes in I was quite excited! They do three different shades and I got "uptown" which is a beautiful dusky pink colour, i find gel polishes always apply easily and have great shine to them. Nails Inc generally have great coverage too, I think this shade would look cute with gold glitter on the accent nail don't you? These new gel polishes are quite costly though at £15 a pop. 

Something I've been wanting to try for months now is the Pixi Glow Tonic, although the packaging for Pixi is fairly basic I quite like it for some reason. The glow tonic is made with ginseng and removes any dead skin cells for healthier looking skin, it's for all skin types and alcohol free so shouldn't be to harsh  on the skin. Hopefully it prevents breakouts too, it does contain aloe vera so it's bound to feel soothing on the skin at least.

The L'Occitane Aromachology Repairing Shampoo And Conditioner combo is something I'm pretty certain I've already tried, the hotel I stayed in, in New York back in 2009 had very similar mini toiletries and I was so obsessed with them that I stole some from a cart in the hallway, oops! There meant to work together to repair and protect so I'll give these a go. At £17 a pop I don't think I would be buying them in full size but these are handy to take away anywhere.

Caudalie is a fairly new brand I've tried and I was pleasently suprised at how much I liked their radiance serum so when I saw they had the Caudalie Divine Oil in this box I was delighted to say the least. I love that its a multi use product they are so handy, you can use it on your face, body, in the bath and even on your hair! It comes in a glass bottle too which is nice, feels more expensive! Although the full size bottle is £17 for 50ml so it's not what I would class as cheap anyway. 

Next up is the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in the shade "peach on the beach". There were three different shades available and if im honest this wasn't the shade I wanted, I wanted the pink but do I really need any more pink lipsticks? No I really don't. Turns out after using it a couple of times I actually really love it and the coral peachy shade suits my skin tone and blonde hair after all! These are meant to be long lasting (10 hours) glosses but I'm not sure how accurate that really is. I wore it for maybe 3/4 hours at a time and it surprisingly did stay put even though it's super glossy. They are SPF 15 so perfect for summer.

Balance Me is not a company I am familiar with but after a little googling (how did we find anything out before the internet, seriously?) it turns out they are a British natural and science led skin care company. I probably shouldn't of judged them by packaging but I thought they would be a high street brand, however £18 for a 150ml body scrub is not high street prices! It claims to improve skin tone and circulation if you gently buff into wet skin. I'll use it most likely to remove my fake tan before I reapply so hopefully it will give me dipple free skin like it claims! 

Lastly is the Seekers Of The Sun Temporary Tattoos, these do seem to be everywhere at the moment and I've not worn temporary tattoos since I was a kid but I really want to try these, the pattens are cute too. These ones are made especially for Glamour but they range from £10-£15 a sheet.

So that's everything in the Glamour Summer Edit and I can't believe that it's only £17.99 considering how much all the products are worth. I will for sure get a lot of use out of every products which is rare in a beauty box, I'm really happy with it and will make good use out of the cute watermelon box too! 

You can find your very own box right here.

Until next time xo





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig