Teapigs Peppermint & Chocolate Flake Teas | Review

Leave a Comment

I am a huge tea lover. I used to drink countless cups of black tea a day before I decided to go caffeine free. I switched to one decaf black tea a day and introduced flavoured tea as an alternative to my 4/5 cups a day addiction and have never looked back.  
I was super excited when Teapigs sent me these two teas to try (NB: although I was kindly gifted these teas, all opinions are my own) I drink a lot of peppermint tea anyway as its exceptionally good for the digestion and bloating that I suffer greatly with, I normally go for Twinings or on occasion the Clippers ones but I must admit these Teapig version are by far the best I've tasted.
The only way to
possibly describe them is powerfully minty, not bitter like some peppermint teas out there whilst actually really quite refreshing. I know a lot of people don't enjoy peppermint tea but I personally think it's pleasent to drink and can feel it instantly soothing my tummy. 

Photo Source - Google


A good time to drink mint tea is before bed as menthol is a natural muscle relaxant so it can help you to sleep better, it's also is great for anxiety and any stress that you may have carried throughout the day.
I sometimes drink it with a meal too, as I said it's great for the tummy so it helps your food to digest a little easier and prevent that after dinner bloat (ugh). It's recommended to those with IBS for that reason! Anyone who's looking to loose weight might be interested to hear it can also act like as an appetite suppressant and increase your metabolism naturally!  

I love that Teapigs tea bags or should I say temples are made from corn starch/silky mesh so they are biodegradable, very unique and they won't rip open and make a mess like regular paper tea bags. 
Every temple is packed with whole leaf so you really do get the best flavour from them. The brown boxes they come in are attractive and I like the cute and quirkly little designs on each one, the way something is presented does make or break it for me when it comes to buying products. 


The Chocolate Flake Tea is somewhat unusual but actually really enjoyable. It's not sickly sweet like a hot chocolate more of a delicate hint of chocolate, almost like you've dropped bits of biscuit in your tea (us dunkers are all guilty of this) and its sweetened it. I've tried this both ways, with and without milk and I think I prefer it with the milk just like a normal tea. I wouldn't say it tastes anything like a hot chocolate but then it doesn't claim to, its just a great alternative to chocolate without the calories. A little bit of guilt free indulgence if you will. The sweet little temples contains cacao chips so you can actually see them melt into your tea, it all feels very sophisticated. 

All flavours of TeaPigs are around £4.00 for 15 bags and can be found on www.teapigs.co.uk and in most supermarkets. 

Have you tried TeaPigs before, is so which ones your favourite? 

Until next time xo 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig