Mini Break Away

Leave a Comment

I've just recently got back from a 4 night mini break away to a Forest Holidays location, a beautiful little self catering site with log cabins, hot tubs and log burners oh & not to forget the wildlife!


This was our third visit to the site since 2013 so it's clear they must be doing something right since I don't usually like to go back to the same places over and over again (what am I saying, I've been to both Barbados and Florida 3 times?) but within the UK I like to try new places. There's something about this tree filled forest that makes me want to keep coming back, I think it's the serenity, calmness and not to the mention the huge hot tub that keeps bringing me back. I also like that you don't have to do a thing whilst your there which is great for a unwell person it's just the perfect change of scenery I need once in a while.

We were lucky this time and got to see 3 row deers from our cabin just wandering around which is not something you see that close everyday. 


It's also a great base for if you want to visit other places too, we have done a little trip to the New Forest every time we have stayed there and it's lovely to see all the ponies, donkeys & horses just milling around the place, plus if your lucky you have a quick stroke of them although your not meant too, oops! 








We tried to take selfies with the donkeys too but turns out there not a fan of the old selfie!
Whilst there this time we decided to pop into a little tearoom for a pot of tea and a scone which was delicious and warm pit stop on a freezing cold day.


I really recommended Forest Holidays, we like to go there to relax and just being in a forest in the fresh air is a lovely way to unwind and just enjoy doing not alot.


Each time we have been we've brought along giant marshmallows, chocolate and Graham's crackers to make s'mores over the log fire that's included in a Golden Oak Cabin and it's one of my fondest memories! 


Since I don't have a bath at home only a shower going away is a chance for me to buy as any many bath bombs as I can and soak in the tub! I may have bought too many for just four nights though, haha. 


The forest when the sun comes up, so beautiful! 


Any excuse to wear my Hunters!


Whilst we were there it was our anniversary which was a happy coincidence, when we booked it we didn't actually realise (that's what happens when you've been together so long!!) It was lovely to sit in a warm cosy cabin and exchange our presents. I cant tell you how surprised and pleased I was to receive the Jo Malone candle especially since it was engraved too.

It's always sad when you have to leave and go back to normality again but I wouldn't rule out coming back for a forth time. Next time I would love to stay in a Golden Oak Hideaway again like we did last September, which is a cabin just for couples! Blog post on that here

Until next time xo















SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig