The Biscuits Your Dog Can’t Resist | Recipe

Leave a Comment

A slightly different post from me, I mean it is baking related but this time it’s a biscuit recipe for dogs! I knew as soon as we got a pup I wanted to bake fun treats for him but it's actually taken me nearly a year to get round to it. Oops. I wasn’t sure how well these would go down to be honest, he can be quite fussy with oat based biscuits but he LOVED them. Best of all, they were super quick and only a few ingredients were needed.
As it was Valentines I went for heart and bone shaped but you could literally use any cookie cutter you like!

Makes 12

Ingredients 

300g Oats or plain whole meal flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg 
150ml Hot water 
1 Stock cube 
(I used chicken but you can use any flavour!)

Icing 

200g Cream cheese 
2 tbsp Peanut butter (make sure it’s 100% pure peanut!)


Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celsius. Line a tray with parchment paper and choose your cookie cutters. Dissolve the stock cube in boiling hot water and put it aside to cool down a bit. Add all the remaining ingredients into to a big bowl, add in the stock and stir until combined. Knead the dough until it forms a ball. Now it’s time to roll and cut! 
Top tip - roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to stop it sticking to surfaces or the rolling pin.  Once you’ve cut them all out, pop them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.

Once they’ve cooled down just add 200g of cream cheese into a bowl and mix in the peanut butter. Make sure that you are using 100% peanut butter and not one with anything added (especially xylitol)! I was originally going to pipe the icing on but found the cream cheese was a little thick so I recommend just using the back of a teaspoon. You could also use cottage cheese or yogurt instead of cream cheese.

You can store these in the fridge for a week but I doubt they will last that long. I added a couple of his favourite treats on top to make them even more enticing. I'm not sure the added extra was needed but hey, it looks cute!


Let me know if you make these for your pup! I’m going to be making pupcakes for his Birthday next month so will add the recipe for that too.

Until next time xo



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig