Benefit | Cheek Parade

4 comments


I'm really excited to review this new palette. In fact I was really bloody excited to receive it! When I saw Benefit were releasing this blush kit I so desperately wanted it and then when I was given it as a present, I felt very lucky. The five powders are suited to most skin tones, if your pale like me then the new Hoola Lite powder will be your new favourite, must have make up item.



I am just obsessed with Cheek Parade. There's not one colour in there I don't like or wont use. I mainly wanted this though for the new Galifornia blush and of course the Hoola Lite. I love the original Hoola and I've been using it for years, however in the winter when I'm not fake tanning I find it can make me look a little on the orange side. The new Hoola Lite (you could start a drinking game with the amount of times I've said Hoola in this post so far) is a much better colour for me. When I've  fake tanned myself up I now mix the two together and that creates the perfect shade for me. I should mention that all five powders are FULL SIZE, they cost £24.50 each so £49.50 is actually a steal since its worth a whooping £122.50. The mirror is massive too!

Hoola - a warm toned matte bronzer that's absolutely perfect for contouring. It gives you that nice sun kissed glow like you've just spent the last week in the Caribbean. Definitely a cult favourite with beauty bloggers.

Hoola Lite - same matte bronzer but in a lighter shade. This will be the go to bronzer for fair skin once its officially released in June, I think. My favourite product in the kit for sure, it's formula is exactly the same as the original so no need to worry about "muddy" or grey hues like some cool toned bronzers. Pale ladies, Benefit have got our backs. 

Dandelion - gorgeous soft baby pink blusher. I've been using this blush since school, it's always been my go to shade. Basically the perfect everyday colour, with a very slight hint of shimmer. Just enough to brighten your complexion and make your cheeks pop.

Galifornia - a golden pink/coral blush with just the right amount of sparkle. One of the most beautiful blushers around, Galifornia was only released a couple of months ago and everyone in the beauty blogger world have been going crazy for it. After trying it out I can see why, I think it smells like a pina colada (it's grapefruit and vanilla apparently!) aswell. I do wish the kit had the new rounded brush that's included in the individual box rather than the more square one. Not a problem though if you use your own blush brush like myself.

Rockatuer - a beautiful rose gold blusher with a golden sheen. Probably the shade I wear the least only because its not an everyday blusher. The gold overlay can be quite intense which makes it perfect for evenings and nights out. You don't need to use highlighter as well with this one. It is a shade that would suit most skin tones though!


I've been using the blush kit for about a month now and I use it every time I do my make up. I have a feeling that its going to last me ages as I've hardly made a dent in it. So far I've only found one fault, I don't know if it's just my one but the actual blushers arent glued in. If you tip it upside down, the cardboard structure the blushers are in just falls out the box. Also I think if we are being really picky we could of done without the brush (who actually uses them anyway really?) and added an extra powder instead. If I worked for Benefit I would of included the Dandelion Twinkle Powder Highlighter which I think is out next month.




Cheek Parade is currently out of stock on the Benefit website but you can buy it from Debenhams, House of Fraser and Boots for £49.50.

Let me know what your favourite Benefit product is.

Until Next Time xo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Oooh this looks lovely! I have pale skin too so the hula light will be the one for me 😊

    MintyMemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for pale skin and builds nicely! Plus I like that you can mix the two together aswell 😃

      Delete
  2. I've been debating buy Hoola and Galifornia and now I'm debating buying this kit haha! Love the post💓 x
    http://bethcarney.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Haha sorry I'm such an enabler 🙈

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig