10 Things To Do To Get You In The Christmas Mood

2 comments
Let's be honest Christmas is pretty much everyone's favourite holiday of the year, right? Lots of yummy food, presents and spending quality time with your loved ones. 
As soon as December hits time seems to just fly by and it's quite hard to fit everything in that you want to do but I've put a little list together of my top 10 things to get you in the Christmas mood and enjoy the holiday! 




1. Get yourself a yummy Christmas drink - I love popping to Costa and trying all the different seasonal drinks and treats, plus the cups are adorable! 


2. Christmas shopping trip - Possibly the most stressful thing ever if left to last minute but I was savvy this year and went on a little shopping trip at the end of November.
 If you don't mind busy shops then the atmosphere is much more Christmassy now, there's nothing better than picking out presents for people and feeling excited about wrapping and giving them to a happy friend or family member. 

3. Writing Christmas cards I spend ages every year looking for the perfect cards and these ones were from Paperchase this year. How adorable are these little deers? I remember spending hours writing cards to all the children in my class when I was young so it holds good memories! 



4. Light Christmas Candles - One of my favourite things about Christmas is buying candles, haha.
I love candles all year round they always make you feel cosy so it's lovely to have Christmas smelling ones, this isn't even all the ones I have this year! I absolutely love the giant Flamingo Candles melt.



5. Baking something Christmassy - I bake all year round but I do enjoy a good themed bake! I haven't made my snowflake and snowman biscuits yet so I couldn't include them in this post but mince pies are always a popular choice (I added golden marizpan to mine for an almonds taste last year, yum!) 



6. Visit a Christmas market - I was lucky this year to be able to get away for a couple of days this month and we visited Winchesters beautiful Christmas market. I urge everyone to go to one if there is one near, really gets you in the Christmas spirit! 


7. Decorate the tree - This one is a must, it doesn't matter what size your tree is, if it's real or fake its just all about getting cosy and decorating the tree with your loved ones. I also couldn't resist a Christmas balloon, it seems to have become a tradition to have one now! 


8. Christmas road trip - Whether your driving home for Christmas *sings a little Chris Rea* or just on your way somewhere it's the perfect excuse to get the Christmas music on and have a good old sing! 


9. Watch Christmas movies - One of the best things about Christmas is sitting down in your pjs, all comfy with a hot chocolate in hand, ready to watch a Christmas film. I like to make a list on my phone of all the ones I want to see and challenge myself to try and watch them all before Christmas! Elf and The Holiday are my favourites. 



10. Treat yourself -  If during the year you try to be as healthy as possible then Christmas is the perfect time to indulge a little. My Christmas tin is from Happy Jackson and perfect for those little treats although I may actually have too many, I'll share though I promise! Haha. 


This one is a naughty extra. Every Christmas I like to treat myself to a Christmas Pandora (or sometimes my boyfriend does!) to wear through the Christmas period and this year I picked up this cute reindeer! I know Christmas is about buying and giving to others but it's ok to treat yourself too because let's face it, YOU deserve it! 

What's your favourite thing to do at Christmas time? 

Until Next Time xo 



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Those Terry's orange cupcakes look amazing!!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these ideas, especially Christmas drinks and markets! Xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig